• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which of these frozen pizzas did you prefer as a child?

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know these brands, but I like my pizzas big, so I guess I would like them better as adults.

Joseph K. Bank

Reaction score
Did anyone else make English Muffin pizzas? I am not English but these were popular in my house growing up.

Vito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joseph K. Bank
Did anyone else make English Muffin pizzas? I am not English but these were popular in my house growing up.
Yes. In my house, it was English Muffins topped with my mom's homemade (leftover) spaghetti sauce, cheese, and spices, and baked in the oven. Great stuff, brings back good memories.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not familiar with those two but I used to eat bagel bites, Tombstone, Totino's, and if times were especially rough, pepperoni pizza hot pockets.
crazy.gif

Cavalier

Reaction score
Tombstone was the most frequent we had--- yuck

Stouffers were the best. When CVS next to my apartment has them on sale for $2 (2 pack) I'll pick a pack or two up still

+1 on making pizza bagels/muffins, takes 30 seconds longer then throwing in a frozen pizza and actually taste really good. I always throw them under the broiler to get them nice and crispy .. YUM!

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was a lad, if my parents weren't going to be home for dinner, my mom left us several boxes of Ellios and we were all set. I loved that cardboard when I was a kid. Now I prefer the more "gourmet" rising crust supreme pizzas you can get on sale for $4 each.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a child, my aunt worked at the Elios factory and would bring us boxes and boxes of the stuff. Loved at as a child and still eat as an adult from time to time.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ellios, duh. It was the only frozen pizza kids ate, at least in my area.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always had Totino's. My mom would buy them when they were on sale for 5 for $5. Wasn't the greatest frozen pizza but at $1 for a whole meal, you couldn't beat it.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
never heard of Ellios

it was always Stouffers french bread pizza, or Mama Celeste...Abondanza!!

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I think by the time I was sick and tired of pb&j and campbells soup, the frozen pizza market had grown a tad.

I remember :

totinos= ass
tonys mini pizzas=okay

and then the advent of digorno, which as far as frozen pizza goes is legit.

I rarely took frozen pizza to school, we had 1$ a slice Pizza Hut pizza every Friday.

robbie

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
As a child, my aunt worked at the Elios factory and would bring us boxes and boxes of the stuff. Loved at as a child and still eat as an adult from time to time.

Pizza seconds! We had a stouffers outlet near my house. We had french bread pizzas all the damn time. Not coincidentally, we also ate weird stouffers products like Welsh rarebit. French bread pizzas are the opposite of convenient--**** has to bake for like 40 minutes.

Totino's pizza rolls were for the kids whose parents also bought them Pop Tarts and Coke. In my house, it was Acme-brand maple cinnamon toaster tarts and milk or frozen OJ. Those kids also got boboli. I LOVED staying for dinner at friends'.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ellio's as a kid, but California Pizza Kitchen as an adult. Garlic Chicken, FTW.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked stouffers french bread till I tasted pizza that wasn't cooked on bread reminiscent of eating a cinder block.

Thats stuff DESTROYED my mouth many many times.

No idea WTF the other one is.

Pizza Rolls and Red Baron Singles were mainstays of my early teenage years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads