• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Which is better for trousers - WW Chan or NYC tailors?

VACPA

Reaction score
I'm going to NYC in a few weeks to get some shirts made at CEGO. I also need some trousers and wasn't sure whether WW Chan or someone like Mr Ned, Tim the Tailor, or LS would be the best option for an out-of-towner like me. What do you think? I've also thought about Hemrajani, but I don't like the idea of having an appointment with 3 other guys at the same time. Thanks!

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Chan and LS are your two best choices there. While I have many pairs of trousers from Chan, I have not yet tried LS so I cannot offer a firsthand comparison. Chan's trousers are solidly made although machine-sewn and I have been quite happy with their fit. LS trousers have some handwork and I know some of his customers with moderate bespoke/MTM experience who speak highly of the fit as well. Unless someone here can weigh in with firsthand experience with both Chan and LS, I would suggest you try whomever is most convenient for you since the respective costs are nearly the same and neither are likely to produce an unwearable garment.

dan

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Tim the Tailor sounds like a BBC chidren's show.

VACPA

Reaction score
Perhaps I should have mentioned this in the opening post - what are the price ranges for the various makers discussed above? Do any of them have minimum orders? I'd like to order one first to see how the fit/contstruction is before I order another 5 or so.

What should I specify for my order? I have large hips/thighs compared to my waist due to competitive weightlifting (33" waist, 41" hips, 25.5" thighs). I was thinking double pleats (facing outwards), lining down to knee, cuffs, small break.

Also, what are the basic/classic colors? I come up with dark/light charcoal, olive, tan. Are navy and brown staples as well?

Thanks for the help!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 241 32.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.7%