• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to find a boot like the BB Peals that Howard Yount found?

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I missed out on this fantastic deal back in the day:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=139070

Now I'd like to find something like them. Where can I find a boot like these, ideally in this color, or in cognac, dark tan, or whiskey?

DSC_0352.jpg

Are there other boots like these? I'm unable to find these Peals in this color on eBay or SF, so I'd like to start searching for others, but don't know where to start.

Thanks in advance!!

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw the thread on C&J Coniston. Seem like the same boot, and I really like those, but can't afford something that expensive. If someone can recommend something else, that would be really helpful.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Doesn't Loake make CT shoes?

Why not try the http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...ategory=120552

I saw pics of the AE Bayfield posted here, and was really unimpressed with the last

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=202039

But maybe I just haven't seen the CT, AS, and C&J from above? Are they just as stubby looking as those AEs? The AEs make those feet look like the huge flying bullets on Super Mario Brothers.

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0...=1223955181000

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are not going to find much like them under $350-$450.

Those Peals were the Coniston made on the 240 last. They are great. The leather quality is high and purty for a boot styled for rough use.

The AS Culford is hard to find right now because of the troubles AS has been having.

There are a lot of cheaper country boots that you can import from England, but I can't think of many with leather as nice as the Coniston.

If Alden had a boot in that color pebble grain it would be $450 or so.

rabiesinfrance

Reaction score
I think the "Harlech" is the only boot available in that style in smooth brown leather from any of the English makers, Edward Green excepted. Not sure if you can buy the Harlech anyway. Herring do the "Keswick" (a country grain boot) or the "Stratford", made by Loake.

niwawa

Reaction score
Try BB outlet store. I saw the exact same one at $279 with extra 70% off at jeffersonville(ohio) outlet during labor day sale. About $90 after tax. but only has size 12 and 13. If they are your size, you may call them. they might still have them because they are too big.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here:

6261.jpg

^ Those look just like the BB Peal boots I got through chorse123. Found them thanks to a post on robin's blog...

Or these (Loakes?) from Herring:

Herring-Herring%20Keswick%20(Rubber)-Tan%20Grain-3010-1623-1.jpg

There's also these from CT. If I'm not mistaken, these are (also) made by Loake.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads