1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Where did you propose? - - Married/Divorced Guys

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Slopho, Jun 9, 2010.

1. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

What was the banana for?

Placed solely to inspire lewd thoughts in the minds of SFers. [​IMG]

2. magogian12345

magogian12345 Senior member

At the Chicago botanic garden with two violinists I had hired playing in the background. All the while, a photographer I had hired surreptiously photographed my proposal.

3. MasterOfReality

MasterOfReality Senior member

clog the toilet with all sorts of filth and then place the ring on top of it...

tell her the crapper is clogged and she needs to fix it...

as she peers into the filth and sees a shinny ring hovering over it all she can only assume the world will be shit without you.

she will be swooned for sure.

Hahah, I nearly choked on my coffee when I read this. Top stuff!!

Seriously though, I am about to embark on ring shopping and choosing a place to propose.

I gotta ask her old man first, they are old school and probably expect it.

Daunting as hell!

4. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

we knew we were going to be married and she knew i was going to see her at her home in the morning on the friday to propose. what she didnt know was i had made a paper hearts (225?) each decorated individually and uniquely with each one written why i love her or a memory of her and i. there were days when i made a heart (each one took awhile to make, about 10 minutes) with smiles and some days i made the hearts while shedding a tear.

5. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Senior member

I proposed on top of a beautiful old Guatemalan hotel at sunset with an amazing view of the sun setting behind a volcano. We then ate dinner and, generally, had an amazing evening.

6. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

we knew we were going to be married and she knew i was going to see her at her home in the morning on the friday to propose. what she didnt know was i had made a paper hearts (225?) each decorated individually and uniquely with each one written why i love her or a memory of her and i. there were days when i made a heart (each one took awhile to make, about 10 minutes) with smiles and some days i made the hearts while shedding a tear.
    You know what i want to say, so I won't say it....

7. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

awww.... sho'!.......

[​IMG]

8. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Not going to lie to you, if I ever have the (mis?) fortune of proposing to a woman, I'd do something like this. I'm just a [​IMG] kind of dude.

9. Eason

Eason Senior member

Haha goddamn do Koreanz love "events".

10. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Haha goddamn do Koreanz love "events".

I'm surprised he didn't have the ring hiding in a really expensive fruit basket or somesuch [​IMG] I kid, I kid.

Pretty touching.

This wasn't my proposal, but a good friend from college did something similar. His girlfriend has a huge sweet tooth (though she's a skinny runner) and so they went hiking to their favorite spot overlooking a lake. At the top he took out a bag of candies (don't remember which ones) and asked if she wanted some, of course she was ready to dig in. He had written the reasons he loves her, etc on all the wrappers. At the bottom of the bag was the ring and she flipped out. Great couple and they had a fantastic wedding.

11. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I walked around for maybe 10 days with the ring in my pocket, waiting to see if there would be a "moment" to spontaneously propose. I came close twice but too many people around and decided against.

12. ClassyGuy1

ClassyGuy1 Well-Known Member

I proposed to my wife at Dieppe Park in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Yeah, I know, not really an "engagement proposal mecca", but I wanted to be different and not just propose in New York's Central Park like 14,000 other guys in history probably have. It was December 1, 2007 and it was cold and snowy and about 20 degrees out, but I got down on one knee in the snow and proposed, with a beautiful nighttime skyline of Detroit in the background. I know it doesn't sound all that special, but it was special to us and that's all that matters.

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

You know what i want to say, so I won't say it....

i had you in mind so i wrote it that way just for you seriously.

14. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I bought a nice old copy of Pride and Prejudice with a ribbon bookmark. I inscribed it with a paraphrasing of some of Mr. Darcy's lines about Elizabeth, happiness, blah blah, and my proposal itself. All very lyrical, I assure you. Tied the ring to the bookmark and placed the mark on the page of the character's proposal. When I stopped by her apartment after work, I nonchalantly (I like to think) tossed it on her bed while she was studying for a grad school class, and told her I picked her up a new copy of one of her favorite books.