• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rschwartz

Reaction score
Can someone explain how to go ahead and reserve items prior to the 12/26 sale? I am looking at several suits online (have not stopped at a store yet) - can I pull these or only items that are available in store?

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure you just need to find a sales associate at your local store who would be willing to put items aside for you and then ring them up @ sales price on 12/26.

I suppose you could also try adding items to your bag/cart online now, refreshing the page on 12/26 and seeing if the prices update - no idea if this works or not. I'd lean toward saying no.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I had an SA reserve a grey Fitzgerald Harris Tweed Herringbone for the 26th. I'm not sure if I should cancel it tomorrow and I keep going back and forth. It would be my second sport coat but I am not sure if it is worth the ~$450 or not or if I should wait for a better sale or ebay/thrift it. There was only one in my size though out of the few stores I visited.

Last edited:

PMac

Reaction score
So I had an SA reserve a grey Fitzgerald Harris Tweed Herringbone for the 26th. I'm not sure if I should cancel it tomorrow and I keep going back and forth. It would be my second sport coat but I am not sure if it is worth the ~$450 or not or if I should wait for a better sale or ebay/thrift it. There was only one in my size though out of the few stores I visited.

If this is only your second sport coat I would not recommend grey or tweed. Grey is harder to pair with trousers and tweed is rather seasonal IMO.

nhindian

Reaction score
My SA just called and said the sale is in the system now and I can buy the items he is holding today.

25% off, stacks with 15% for opening a card.

No idea if extra kicker...

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My SA just called and said the sale is in the system now and I can buy the items he is holding today.

25% off, stacks with 15% for opening a card.

No idea if extra kicker...

The kicker will apply. What did you get?

If shoes, then you got a sweet deal.

$650 for a pair of peals - 25% - 15% - 15% = $343.27

nhindian

Reaction score

The kicker will apply. What did you get?

If shoes, then you got a sweet deal.

$650 for a pair of peals - 25% - 15% - 15% = $343.27

Two pairs of Allen Edmonds (Strand and 5th).

Anything else I should keep an eye out for? I'm just starting to build my shoe collection.

nhindian

Reaction score
Okay, confirmed 25% + 15% kicker on Thursday stacks with the 15% card.

But the kicker only applies Thursday so I can't get my stuff today :confused:

whenwe

Reaction score
Do we know if C&J are still making Peal & Co? Or is it just impossible to tell now? Maybe Alfred Sargent?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.
00ae.png
-One-Piece-Medallion-Toes/MH00366_____BLCK_07___E___,default,pd.html?omnpp=recently%20viewed

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads