• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
only some shirts are made in supima.... the non iron pretty much ruins all the beneficial attributes of the fiber however.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Every Spring and Fall.  FWIW, BB usually runs a 25% off corporate incentive sale in late March.  If you have the corporate discount card, you get 25% off anything in the store.  Get on the e-mail list and you will get an e-mail announcing the sale.

Does the 25% off apply to Cordovan and Black Fleece too?

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why don't BB offer a long wing gun boat other than the suede LW? Ain't the gun boat an American classic? :fu:

Last edited:

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every Spring and Fall.  FWIW, BB usually runs a 25% off corporate incentive sale in late March.  If you have the corporate discount card, you get 25% off anything in the store.  Get on the e-mail list and you will get an e-mail announcing the sale.

Actually this spring it's 30% off, one day only, Thursday, March 15. It almost certainly does not apply to BF. Not sure about cordovan.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually this spring it's 30% off, one day only, Thursday, March 15. It almost certainly does not apply to BF. Not sure about cordovan.

With the price increases for shoes, suits, etc., sounds like BB is slowly moving towards the Joseph A. Bank model of big discounts on unreasonably high prices to get people in the door.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have very similar experiences at BB. The sales associates tend to ignore me, but I figure it's because I look young and usually shop in jeans. I do notice that they treat the older, better dressed shoppers better.
By the way, is the supima cotton new? I noticed that too on the website. I thought their shirts were made from supima previously already but just not stated?

Isn't this kind of the point of SF? Entire religions receive more credibility than they deserve because of such hoodwinking.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cjcaptoesole.jpg

new peal & co. dark brown captoes
made by C&J, yes?
240 last

Nice. I've got my eye on that shoe for the next 40% off shoe sale. Does it fit TTS?

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice.  I've got my eye on that shoe for the next 40% off shoe sale.  Does it fit TTS?

Just because I have to rub your face in it, I found these brand new at a local thrift for $50. But to answer your question, yes, they fit true to size. They're an excellent shoe. You're going to love them.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just because I have to rub your face in it, I found these brand new at a local thrift for $50. But to answer your question, yes, they fit true to size. They're an excellent shoe. You're going to love them.

what the #$)(*@)(%&)(*$()#($
lucky you

rps20120302_121329_540.jpg

i like them a lot

Last edited:

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LTHOUGH... one thing bothers me a lot
look really closely at my picture of the shoes
do you notice a ... sort of dimpling in the stitching by the laces?
it's there on both shoes, on the inside of the foot
at first i thought this was a defect and i was going to return it to BB ...
but when i looked at the pictures on their website, even those shoes have the same flaw

they are out of my size online and stock is getting low at other stores ... i had mine transferred from another location
the dimpling or whatever does not show because they are covered by the pants
and besides, no one inspects the shoes up close so i can live with it
but i wonder why the shoes have this issue to begin with

Last edited:

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you can see clearly for yourself what the last looks like
i have no experience with the 337 last so i cannot give you a comparison

recentshoes.jpg

here is another angle of the shoes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads