• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I plan to get the 3 for $219 shirt "deal" at BB (specifically, looking for ESS shirts). The 30% that I've seen talked about here, will that be applied to ESS on March 15? Should I wait?

If it does apply, I'm thinking of getting them now and then going back to the store and ask for a credit applied to my cc, assuming they do that.,

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I plan to get the 3 for $219 shirt "deal" at BB (specifically, looking for ESS shirts). The 30% that I've seen talked about here, will that be applied to ESS on March 15? Should I wait?
If it does apply, I'm thinking of getting them now and then going back to the store and ask for a credit applied to my cc, assuming they do that.,

It does apply, but I'm pretty sure they won't do a price adjustment. Promotional offers usually say that they are not applicable towards previous purchases.

irgator04

Reaction score
I just opened one up this weekend, the associate said that would save me an additional 15%.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually this spring it's 30% off, one day only, Thursday, March 15. It almost certainly does not apply to BF. Not sure about cordovan.

Actually, the fine print on the email I received from the non-profit that gets me my discount indicates cordovan is excluded, but says nothing about BF...

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually, the fine print on the email I received from the non-profit that gets me my discount indicates cordovan is excluded, but says nothing about BF...

Thanks for the info. I actually want the BF longwings but I think in SF Bay Area only the BF store has them

slipperman

Reaction score
Is the 30% Corporate Discount even worth it? For example, currently they have the 1818 suits on sale at 2 for $1599. At full price the suit is $1098, so once the discount is applied, it really isn't that much cheaper the current sales price. I was hoping to use the discount to get a decent half-canvas suit on the cheap but it looks like the savings won't be as substantial as I one thought.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the 30% Corporate Discount even worth it? For example, currently they have the 1818 suits on sale at 2 for $1599. At full price the suit is $1098, so once the discount is applied, it really isn't that much cheaper the current sales price. I was hoping to use the discount to get a decent half-canvas suit on the cheap but it looks like the savings won't be as substantial as I one thought.

Other than December 26th, this is as cheap as it gets at BB for buying one suit. December 26 will have this 30% off plus an additinal 15-20% kicker for purchases that day. It worked out to an 1818 Fitzgerald for $500.

If you're buying two suits, this is a good deal, since the Brooks Buys are not applicable December 26th. With the 30% discount, you're looking at two suits for $1120.

slipperman

Reaction score

If you're buying two suits, this is a good deal, since the Brooks Buys are not applicable December 26th.  With the 30% discount, you're looking at two suits for $1120.

Wait, how are you getting 2 for $1120? Are you applying the 30% off to the sales price? Fine print on the email I got today says the discount cannot be applied to the sales price.

slipperman

Reaction score
Okay did a quick search and I guess some people have been successful in getting BB to stack sales price and corporate discount together. I'll try it out this Thursday and keep my fingers crossed.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, how are you getting 2 for $1120? Are you applying the 30% off to the sales price? Fine print on the email I got today says the discount cannot be applied to the sales price.

During the corporate incentive sale, you can get 30% off the Brooks Buys prices (2 for $1599). $1120 is 70% of $1600. That's not true for all BB sales, but always has been for the corporate incentive sale.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, to confirm, is this Thursday, 3-15, the one day only 30% off? Or does it extend through weekend?

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, to confirm, is this Thursday, 3-15, the one day only 30% off? Or does it extend through weekend?

doesn't make much sense, does it?
you'd think corporate members have a job during the week and can't get to the BB store easily during business hours

i'm thinking about the rodeo drive flagship store in particular because they close at 6pm and i can never make it there during the week unless if i just take an extended lunch or something

slipperman

Reaction score

doesn't make much sense, does it?
you'd think corporate members have a job during the week and can't get to the BB store easily during business hours
i'm thinking about the rodeo drive flagship store in particular because they close at 6pm and i can never make it there during the week unless if i just take an extended lunch or something

Wow really it closes at 6pm?? That's the one I was going to go to.. wtf I need to get off work early then

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads