• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, final warning. This is not a FS thread, and as such, personal listings are not allowed. You may have a link in your sig line and that is all.

If the rules are not followed, TOs and potential B&S bans, with a $500 buy back in, may be dolled out.

There are not a lot of rules on SF, but we ask that you follow the few rules we do have.

Consider yourselves warned.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually, AE doesn't sell them anymore, although a third-party retailer or two might.  30% off on the BBs is a pretty good deal, so if you want them you should kop.
Seems like AE has the Brooks Brothers versions often at the outlets, so I'd probably wait for them to pop up there.

stimulacra

Reaction score
Question: I took advantage of the current sale to order some OCBD's (Slim fit, Must Iron Supimas).

I have 4 from 2012 (White, Blue, Pink, and Yellow) that have experienced enough shrinkage in the collar to be relegated to casual or weekend wear.

Question I have is that the OCBD's I ordered from 2012 explicitly state “Slim Fit” on the shirt label in BB's blue thread coloring. The ones that came in yesterday do not. Have they changed their labeling schema recently or was I shipped regular or traditional fit shirts?

They feel a bit big at the moment but am confident if they are truly slim fit shirts, that they'll shrink down after a wash or two. The shipping label and all email receipts clearly indicate slim fit shirts being ordered so It's not a user error on my part.

The only other pet peeve with the order is that I got the red university stripe OCBD and the front pocket on that one is about 3/4 of an inch lower on the chest than the other shirts (most of them start at about a quarter inch above the 3rd button from the top, on this particular shirt, it starts at about a half inch below it). I'm 5'8 in height so visually it sits very low on my torso. My hope is that some shrinkage will fix this issue as well but am considering either returning the shirt and getting a better sample or see if it's possible to relocate the pocket to it's proper location (seems highly unlikely).

Thanks in advance. Trying to refrain from getting other items.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Question I have is that the OCBD's I ordered from 2012 explicitly state “Slim Fit” on the shirt label in BB's blue thread coloring. The ones that came in yesterday do not. Have they changed their labeling schema recently or was I shipped regular or traditional fit shirts?

The labels are now color coded. Red = traditional; Blue = slim; Green = extra slim.

518aata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Question: I took advantage of the current sale to order some OCBD's (Slim fit, Must Iron Supimas).

They feel a bit big at the moment but am confident if they are truly slim fit shirts, that they'll shrink down after a wash or two. The shipping label and all email receipts clearly indicate slim fit shirts being ordered so It's not a user error on my part.

Brooks did change its labels. Slim fits now have a navy label. Not sure why they did this.

It's explained here: http://www.mccshh.com/pdf/Brooks_Brothers_Color_Fits.pdf

Jackboot

Reaction score

The only other pet peeve with the order is that I got the red university stripe OCBD and the front pocket on that one is about 3/4 of an inch lower on the chest than the other shirts (most of them start at about a quarter inch above the 3rd button from the top, on this particular shirt, it starts at about a half inch below it). I'm 5'8 in height so visually it sits very low on my torso. My hope is that some shrinkage will fix this issue as well but am considering either returning the shirt and getting a better sample or see if it's possible to relocate the pocket to it's proper location (seems highly unlikely).

Why not exchange it? This is clearly a QC issue and BB should solve the problem at no expense to you. I wouldn't accept that defect, nor would I rely on shrinkage to try to "fix" it. Get a new one without the problem.

stimulacra

Reaction score

Why not exchange it? This is clearly a QC issue and BB should solve the problem at no expense to you. I wouldn't accept that defect, nor would I rely on shrinkage to try to "fix" it. Get a new one without the problem.

You're right. I'll exchange it at my earliest opportunity. I was reticent before because the only slim fit shirts they carry for the OCBD are of the non-iron variety but getting it right is worth the wait.

southbound35

Reaction score

Agreed

You're right. I'll exchange it at my earliest opportunity. I was reticent before because the only slim fit shirts they carry for the OCBD are of the non-iron variety but getting it right is worth the wait.

Good call. I'm 5'8" and pockets that are too low are especially noticeable on guys our size. You would have never been happy with it.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stimulacra

Reaction score

Is there a typo for the Navy label? It says 4" slimmer in the waist, which is slimmer in the waist than the Green label.

My understanding is that it becomes incrementally slimmer than the color label before it. So Navy would be 4 inches slimmer in the waist than the purple label, which is 1 3/4 slimmer than the red label. The green would than be 1 inch slimmer in the waist than the navy label.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My understanding is that it becomes incrementally slimmer than the color label before it. So Navy would be 4 inches slimmer in the waist than the purple label, which is 1 3/4 slimmer than the red label. The green would than be 1 inch slimmer in the waist than the navy label.

Hmm. OK, then the green label is 6.75 inches slimmer in the waist than the red label.

taylorswift

Reaction score
Are there any coupon codes that can be used on discounted items?
I have the corporate membership but it doesn't apply to items on sale.
Brooks Brothers used to have a "BB15" code!!

NickCarraway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any coupon codes that can be used on discounted items?
I have the corporate membership but it doesn't apply to items on sale.
Brooks Brothers used to have a "BB15" code!!

No, they appear to have removed all stacking other than the Day-After-Christmas kicker and the discount for opening a credit card.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads