• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

518aata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
Yes and no. Clearance section can go as high as 50-60% off but sizes are very limited. I will say tho that Red Fleece stuff are always discounted heavily on clearance since they're not hugely popular line for BB. I think partly due to everything RF are extra-slim fit / milano fit with the jackets/shirts and pants. Black fleece are better quality than regular BB but they're pretty overpriced IMO. 40% off BF is not rare occurrence. I bought a BF linen shirt for 60% off clearance as well.
In my view, when to buy Black Fleece depends what you're looking for. If you want a staple like a solid OCBD, or you want to buy a seasonal item that may sell out, then the corporate sale (30% off) is as good as time as any. But, if you're looking for something else, and willing to take the chance that it will still be around, then you're better off waiting for the clearance sales, which range from 50% to as much as 80% off. If you want to buy some of the more outlandish (in my opinion) stuff, more than likely, it will still be around when the big-time discounts roll in. And if you don't see it online, then your sales associate can try to track it down from one of the major Brooks stores, or from the BF boutiques in NY or SF.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has had success getting shoe sizes outside the typical range that BB carries. I want to get some EG shoes from them but the smallest size they carry I think is a UK 7E, and I need a UK 6.5E.

Any experiences? I called customer service and they said they cannot get anything outside of that stock.

UTfootball747

Reaction score
BB's website is truly terrible. I've tried for about 45 minutes to go through the payment process with a discount code and signed into shoprunner and keep the total the same from screen-to-screen. It was forcing me to checkout as a guest because signing in to my account would make the box for entering discount codes disappear. The shipping cost goes up and down from one screen to the next, and when I get to the payment screen the original discount it had been showing is cut in half.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Make sure you get the complete BB experience by calling customer service and having them be condescending to you about it

UTfootball747

Reaction score
I gave up, decided to purchase nothing, and sent an email complaining about their site. I'll expect a response in about a week written as if the rep didn't actually read my complaint.

RevisIsland

Reaction score

I gave up, decided to purchase nothing, and sent an email complaining about their site.  I'll expect a response in about a week written as if the rep didn't actually read my complaint.   

The only problem I've had with promo codes on Brooksbrothers.com is when I sign in using an account that has the corporate discount attached to it. If you create an account without a corporate discount or check out as a guest, it seems to work. Shoprunner works for me as well.

UTfootball747

Reaction score
The only problem I've had with promo codes on Brooksbrothers.com is when I sign in using an account that has the corporate discount attached to it. If you create an account without a corporate discount or check out as a guest, it seems to work. Shoprunner works for me as well.
That makes sense. However (even as a guest) I have the same problem with, for example, the current discount code appearing to apply to all three sale items in my bag (just three random shirts, nothing special) throughout the checkout process, but then the amount of the discount being greatly reduced on the final payment screen -- a detail many might miss given that no other retailer's website functions in such a manner.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Thats my biggest gripe as well. And on windows 7 and chrome it seems to freeze up sometimes.

smartie-pants

Reaction score
Quote:
So true .... I had a rep hang up on me last week after I asked for her name.

Wonderful customer service ... just wonderful.

NoCleverName

Reaction score
I have two pairs of Peal & Co by C&J shoes that need resoling. Anyone know if Brooks Brothers will handle the resoling? If they do, will they get it done by C&J or do they just use a third-party? If not, any recommendations on getting them resoled? I'm going to miss the channeled stitching if I have to take it somewhere local.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I would not trust BB to shine them much less resole them. I doubt they do it anyway. Send to B Nelson.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have two pairs of Peal & Co by C&J shoes that need resoling. Anyone know if Brooks Brothers will handle the resoling? If they do, will they get it done by C&J or do they just use a third-party? If not, any recommendations on getting them resoled? I'm going to miss the channeled stitching if I have to take it somewhere local.

If you are in NYC, there is a C&J store there. You can have them done in the store locally or they will send it back to England for re-crafting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads