• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats the ratio of patch pocket to flap pocket suits in your wardrobe ?

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

We all know how the igents love patch pockets on almost everything. However, today, I came to know of a particular thread on FNB where, to my surprise, the igentry's love of patch pocket on suits was ridiculed.

Which led me to wonder, of all the SUITS in your wardrobe whats the ratio of the ones with patch pockets (2 or 3) to the suit with flap pockets. Alternatively please tell the number of suits with patch pockets.

I know that Vox has tons of suits with both 1 patch pocket and 4 patch pockets but for this thread they are excluded from this informal survey.

I realize that I start too many threads but the previous thread in the same vein (SB to DB ratio) was well received and the results were a little surprising (that no one here wears DB).

Best regards

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 of my suits have flap pockets, & the last one has patch-flap pockets. 1 of my blazers has just patch pockets, and the other 2 have flap pockets.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good God ... I haven't the time to count my suits ... much less which are patch pocket and which are flap.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Must you mention this every time? We get it, you have countless suits and sport coats and you are wealthy,jeez.

Wideknot

Reaction score
I have no suits with patch pockets. Reflecting on it, it would be nice to have a few casual suits so pocketed. A couple of tweeds for fall and winter would be good; so would a linen or silk for summer wear.

Need to go shopping.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Must you mention this every time? We get it, you have countless suits and sport coats and you are wealthy,jeez.
As far as I'm concerned my comment holds true no matter whether one suit, a hundred or a thousand. Counting clothing and calculating % by kind is pointless in my opinion. Another's % of suits by kind won't ... well ... suit me.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Good God ... I haven't the time to count my suits ... much less which are patch pocket and which are flap.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads