• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the CW superhero shows? Maybe skews a little young, but my daughter liked Just Add Magic. Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, The Good Place, Superstore. I've only seen the pilot, but Big Shot on Disney+ has potential. Winx was better than I expected. That's all I can think of right off the top of my head.
Maybe the CW shows, we watched a bit of Flash but got kind of bored.

Avatar is iconic, and has been watched through for multiple generations.

Seen Winx, witch was totally in our wheelhouse of cheesy but OK and the kids got into it.

Superstore looked reasonable, and I'll look into Big Shot.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, how about The Expanse? Now that I'm thinking about stuff, iZombie, Veronica Mars, and if you really want to go old, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Firefly.
Watched the expanse, it kind of lost the kids as it is pretty esoteric at times. Buffy might be perfect. Has anyone seen Supernatural? There are like a million seasons.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have younger ones, especially girls they might like Fate: The Winx Saga. Umbrella academy good for young ones as well. Agents of Shield works if they're into the Marvel-verse.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels are also extremely good//underrated because theyre animated.
We all loved Umbrella, that is pretty much perfect. I'll check out the Star Wars animated, I've heard a lot of good things about them.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watched the expanse, it kind of lost the kids as it is pretty esoteric at times. Buffy might be perfect. Has anyone seen Supernatural? There are like a million seasons.
Supernatural S1-5 are amazing (the cheesy graphics from S1/2 are a trip). Tapers off in S7/8+

Teen Wolf might be right up your alley.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teen Titans Go!, Phineas and Ferb, Ninjago, and Ultimate Spiderman, if you're looking for animated.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Started This is a Robbery last night. Halfway through Ep2 which means....only two more eps after. This is very good.
It was great wasn't it? I dragged my wife and daughter there on April break after watching it. Hadn't been there since the late 90's.

IMG_6479b.jpg

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Started This is a Robbery last night. Halfway through Ep2 which means....only two more eps after. This is very good.
Let's see what you think after you have watched it all.

I thought it was very disappointing in the end, essentially 1.25 at most episodes plus 2.75 episodes of fluff 'n' fold = 4.00 episodes.

What with all the constantly repeated cheap-production scenes I felt like I was undergoing déjà vu of déjà vu of déjà vu. :dozingoff:

I have been many times to the museum itself; even without those paintings it is truly amazing, an American jewel.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finished Shadow and Bone--good stuff, and thought they did very well with their budget.

Really hope netflix goes ahead and orders season 2, although it won't be coming anytime soon.

Thinking about reading some of the books now--its nice to power through a good YA novel every once and a while.

Apparently there are really 2 distinct casts of characters that were combined together for the show--the YA magic love triangle plot comes from the original trilogy, but the thievery crew actually comes from a distinct pair of books that take place years after the events of the show.

Looks like the producers decided to fold an origin story for the thievery crew into the events of the first trilogy...presumably so that if they get the green light to make many seasons of the show, they won't have an awkward jump at the end where they say "ok, now lets focus on a totally new cast and hope we keep our viewers". Also, because there are some people who prefer the heist-hijinks to the lovebird orphans and this way you got everyone watching.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finished Shadow and Bone--good stuff, and thought they did very well with their budget.

Really hope netflix goes ahead and orders season 2, although it won't be coming anytime soon.
Netflix almost always orders a second season of their original productions

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I assume they will given its place on their viewership charts and the buzz around it--but they haven't officially greenlit it yet.

.presumably so that if they get the green light to make many seasons of the show, they won't have an awkward jump at the end where they say "ok, now lets focus on a totally new cast and hope we keep our viewers".

Although I wonder if this would be a solution to netflix's habit of cancelling everything after 2-3 seasons when production costs suddenly take a big jump and key players can demand high pay...
Just jump to an unrelated cast with maybe a few cameos. First new season they will just be happy to have a job, second season they will be happy to get renewed.

European shows pull this off on occasion, but it is rare in the US.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's see what you think after you have watched it all.

I thought it was very disappointing in the end, essentially 1.25 at most episodes plus 2.75 episodes of fluff 'n' fold = 4.00 episodes.

What with all the constantly repeated cheap-production scenes I felt like I was undergoing déjà vu of déjà vu of déjà vu. :dozingoff:

I have been many times to the museum itself; even without those paintings it is truly amazing, an American jewel.

I really enjoyed the Shen Wei exhibit in the new building. The massive paintings were stunning. This one must have been 15' high.

SW_Untitled-8_Meditation.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads