• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meant to start that over the wknd and then saw your post. It has been put on hiatus for now.
It's like a ripoff of a Guy Ritchie ripoff of a Tarantino film. For example, it will have a comedic relief scene with extreme violence while also having having a dramatic back story with violence. So violence and extreme violence is played as comedic relief; and important, serious character development. It doesn't work.

They also slowly reveal the backstories of the main characters, which is almost always problematic. Up should be required viewing for all directors. A 3 minute musical montage at the beginning of the movie was all it took to make you empathize with the old man.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I’ve been watching season 2 of Castle Rock. It’s fun, but it doesn’t stand up very well in comparison to a lot of other stuff being made right now: The Boys and Stranger Things come to mind.

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Castle Rock left me wondering what the hell I just watched .I kept watching to the end sure the confusion would resolve itself but nooooo. Anyhow I agree The Outsider looks like Its going to be really good. The Messiah definitely shows potential 2 eps in.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK, who has seen the Bosch series? :lurk:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seen the shows read the books for years . Enjoy both a lot. Some of the facts are rearranged for TV due to Harry is like 70 yo but very true to flavor nonetheless

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*waiting patiently for Picard*

Nikos

Reaction score
Started watching Mr Sunshine. A bit early to have an opinion tbh.

Gus_McCrae

Reaction score
I’m not current and probably won’t be. I very much enjoyed several seasons... however, the last one or two were no longer strong and I cut it off.
I might go back in some weird circumstance where I need a show for a flight and or something else quirky.

very good out of the gate but losses steam... and so did my interest!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Season 1 was quality. Looking fwd on season 2.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kinda hated Witcher TBH. It reminds me of a shitty Spartacus heh.
Just finished the first season. More entertaining than I had expected.
I went into it with low expectations and virtually no knowledge, as I'd never read the books or played the games. I really enjoyed it. It did take me most of an episode to realise that the various storylines were set in different timelines, too. From that point onwards, it was interesting to see how things converged.

I enjoyed Henry Cavill in the lead role, the rest of the cast were good, too, and the storylines were entertaining and interesting. I'm looking forward to season 2 but apparently we will have to wait a year or more.

“The Boys” is extremely entertaining
I read the comic ("graphic novel") series when it first came out a decade or so ago. Very entertaining, but also very violent and filthy. If Amazon Prime has a free trial period, I might have to see how the TV series compares with the comic.

The author of The Boys also wrote The Preacher comic series, which has also been turned into a TV series. That's apparently good, too.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 16.9%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 147 33.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 132 29.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.2%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%