1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What to wear with a black pinstripe shirt

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by VooDooATL, Aug 27, 2006.

1. VooDooATL

VooDooATL Active Member

So I always wanted a black and white pinstripe shirt but never got around to getting one. I just happened to come across one at off saks so I picked one up.

What whould everyone here put together with a traditional cut dress shirt, black with white pinstripes?

Myself I think the tie would have to really stand out against the black, so something bold would work. Anyhow what are your ideas please.

2. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior Member

I would wear a gray or a light gray suit. I think it looks classy and modern without a tie for that specific combination, but if you'd like to wear a tie, a white or silver tie would work perfectly. For shoes, I'd suggest black balmorals to tie it together, I am normally a champion of brown shoes with gray suits, but in this case it would clash.

3. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

4. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior Member

A shoulder holster?

I beg your pardon?

5. VooDooATL

VooDooATL Active Member

iammatt - Well I am Italian.

I like the idea of a silver and gray suit, saddly my only gray is a pinstripe so I would need to get a new one [​IMG]

The wife might not go for that. What does everyone think of a bold yellow/gold tie?

6. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

The black-and-white is sufficiently striking/casual that you might consider abandoning the tie altogether.