• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what to wear to my 25th birthday party

fcukboy

Reaction score
i'm turning 25 and having a party at a popular bar.

since it's my special day i want to stand out but without looking like i'm trying too hard.

this is the shirt i'm going to wear. (i got it from ebay.com)
14b6sew.jpg

these are the shoes i want to wear
2webg39.jpg

as for the pants i'm leaning towards wearing my topman coated skinny jeans but my giordano grey khakis is also an option.

i'd appreciate any styling tips and fashion advice you can give me. thanks!

p.s. i thought of wearing braces and a bowtie but i think that's too much

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you live in manila? That paul smith shirt will probably be nicer than 99% of all shirts you see.

Not sure about the shoes. I don't think they're very evening appropriate but 99% of people in manila don't really dress for night/day anyway. Honestly if it's your birthday, just wear whatever man. **** the rules.

Where are you having your party? I guess if you really want to be specific, then I suppose you'd dress differently for a place like ascend/bureau (sleaziness) than a place like distillery or reserve, which are more for getting sloshed.

fcukboy

Reaction score
damn dude you're good.

in any case it'll be in distillery jupiter.

i dont know why i'm even putting way too much thought on this. i just feel like the dress shirt and jeans is a bit boring.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The most important part is that fit is king. Your stuff fitting well is more important than whether or not it's made from goat pubic hair and woven by ninjas, or if it has a trillion buttons and secret pockets. But I guess even more than that you should dress for what you find exciting/boring. If you're bored with the way you look as opposed to being comfortable in your clothes, then you'll have no steez no matter what. If you were having your birthday somewhere like emba or the aforementioned sleazy bars, I'd just say wear your most garish ****
laugh.gif

fcukboy

Reaction score
already got the shirt altered (in new hampshire place in shangri-la edsa) for a more perfect fit so i guess i'm on right track. thanks guys!
smile.gif

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Step your shoe game up and get a pair of Paul Smiths

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira

This is true. To the OP: The Paul Smith in Shang carries them every now and then, if you want to look into getting yourself a birthday gift
teacha.gif

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
wear... your birthday suit! duh (no pics please)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
as least you can cry if you want to

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
as least you can cry if you want to

you would cry too, if it happened toooo youuuuu!

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'd pass on those shoes too and get some PS/buttero/ndc/f&b or similar shoes.....
And dont wear that sweater in your avatar either imho.

fcukboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
oh that has been on my list for a very long time now.

i do have these though
iyzv4p.jpg

i got them in a shop in Bangkok where they claim to sell only original shoes. heck, the store's name is "100% Original Shoes". they have ted baker, quik, etc. etc. Unfortunately, i highly suspect mine's just a really good copy.

if you look closely, you can see the little differences.
nppgmc.jpg

Originally Posted by mm1212
just curious what shoes those are you're planning on rocking?

Triple T. it's a small shop also in Bangkok. it's one of those stores where the designer is also the one selling in the shop. they have shirts, jackets, and shoes.

i don't know why you guys dont like it haha

Yeah I'd pass on those shoes too and get some PS/buttero/ndc/f&b or similar shoes.....
And dont wear that sweater in your avatar either imho.
that's a shirt on top of a separate plaid short-sleeve shirt
smile.gif
that's what i wore during my 22nd birthday party haha
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics