• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What tie goes well with a pink shirt?

Ell123

Reaction score
Ive bought this shirt from burton which was pretty cheap..

http://www.burton.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...6986&langId=-1

Its quite slim tight fit, i'll roll the sleeves up and wear it with a black pinstripe waistcoat, black trousers black loafers, But im not sure what tie to wear with it... I saw somone wearing this combo before and it looking amazing but i really dont know what type of tie to wear with it... Any ideas?

THanks guys x

Elliott

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have more trouble envisioning the pink and black together; I tend towards grays for pink. Black to me just demands white.

That said, I'd normally say gray ties, grays with pink/pink-related shades in them, pink and light blue light blue.

Browns can be fun with pink- but with a black suit?
confused.gif

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like light blues or browns and sometimes a nice purple.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want to wear it with an all black wardrobe (which will look great), a black tie will complete the outfit nicely.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ell123
Ive bought this shirt from burton which was pretty cheap..

http://www.burton.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...6986&langId=-1

Its quite slim tight fit, i'll roll the sleeves up and wear it with a black pinstripe waistcoat, black trousers black loafers, But im not sure what tie to wear with it... I saw somone wearing this combo before and it looking amazing but i really dont know what type of tie to wear with it... Any ideas?

THanks guys x

Elliott

No jacket, so why wearing a tie? As long you are young wear a necklet.

papashonga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
This is a little out there, but green looks really good with a pink shirt. Not dark green, but a green with more yellow in it. I wear this combo, which in your head doesn't look good, but I get a lot of compliments on it.

pics!

ohm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
This is a little out there, but green looks really good with a pink shirt. Not dark green, but a green with more yellow in it. I wear this combo, which in your head doesn't look good, but I get a lot of compliments on it.

I've seen this and it's true, but please don't try it at home.

Stick with something safe like a gray tie until you're more comfortable mixing and matching colors.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I am wearing a pink shirt with a brown houndstooth suit and a brown paisley tie.

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
I have a purple tie with tiny pink dots which I think goes very well . . . will try to post pics of the tie . . . and shirt combo . . .

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burgundy, green, or navy.

The black suit is right out.

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny, I just picked up a purple shirt this weekend for an outfit I am wearing to a get together I'm going to this weekend:

IMG_0502.JPG

Oh, and I am not wearing any pants in this picture, that's why the tie is peeking out from the bottom. I'm some savage for crying out loud!

Edit: oh I just noticed you said you got a pink shirt, not purple.
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads