• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What They Sell at Daffy's -- New Blog on Daffy's Menswear

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
I picked up the three pairs I could find that fit me as I wanted. I love em. Two were marked as High Comfort. There were a few others left in 34/50, some with really interesting patterns that fit me perfectly, and a few that were baggier. One was white with a purple chalk stripe down the side of the legs. Another was black with what resembles painted on stripes from the thigh to the bottom. Really interesting stuff, but they could look odd. The regular styles were insanely priced at 16.99, but the interesting patterned ones were something like 30 or 40.

Some left in 32/48... some as slim as 26/42! Didn't really check larger sizes, but there wasn't much selection.

There was also a few Zegna pants with the ***** tag. Cut baggier than the Incotex, but looked like they were made well.

thanks. i'll swing by today.
and damn you for getting all the good 32s!
devil.gif

ebmk3891

Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius
Wall St. Any idea about the quality of other tie I made reference to?

I stopped by the Wall st one a couple months back and they barely had any men's clothing there. Did I just go at a wrong time?

Peurist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ebmk3891
I stopped by the Wall st one a couple months back and they barely had any men's clothing there. Did I just go at a wrong time?

No...other than a few high end ties mixed in on the tie rack, that store is pretty worthless. One of the worst locations for menswear that they have; they actually just closed one of the other ones -- out in White Plains.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stopped in the Philly store recently and could bear to stay more than a couple minutes. If there are deals to be had the price of looking at so many horrible garments is too high!

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirGrotius
Stopped in the Philly store recently and could bear to stay more than a couple minutes. If there are deals to be had the price of looking at so many horrible garments is too high!

Woe and Lufty thank you.
devil.gif

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
thanks. i'll swing by today. and damn you for getting all the good 32s!
devil.gif

Didn't buy any 32s! But I did buy all the 34s I could find. Sorry, but I'm an addict! There was a really nice Super 100s grey 32 available the other day when I was there. Hope you get it!

Peurist

Reaction score
Will have a longer rundown of this on the blog later this weekend, but wanted to let everyone know -- Stopped in at TJMaxx & Marshalls on 18th St., as well as the Loehmann's on 17th.

The TJMaxx had a number of suits and sportcoats on clearance (read $139-$349) from CNC Costume National, Pal Zileri, Valentino & Dolce and Gabbana (both D&G and mainline), most in sizes 38 on up. The Marshalls downstairs had a lot of Valentino suits, as well as some Versace and Ferre mixed in as well. Also a few unknown Italian brands which looked decent.

Loehmann's, sad to say it's not anything like I experienced at the Loehmann's Men's Store out in San Francisco, but here are the highlights -- Loads of boxed shirts from Costume National (though quite expensive at $180/shirt), and some random shirts on hangers from Luciano Barbera and Zegna. Small selection of really nice shoes in a corner -- Moreschi, Santoni, Suitor Mantellesi, To Boot NYC, Timberland Boot Co. & John Varvatos - all nicely priced except for the Varvatos which was still quite expensive compared to the other brands. On clearance, I noticed an Isaia corduroy blazer for $1000 less (I believe) 60% (big size) and a brown Kiton suit in a size US 48 -- can't remember the exact price on this one, I believe it was $2000 less 60%. Pretty sure all the Loehmann's stuff comes from Wilkes Bashford, and the selection of new merchandise was pretty dreadful. Also were some high-end ties on clearance but nothing I would personally buy.

Peurist

Reaction score
Honestly I don't remember, only remember they were priced at $199 and that there were two pairs.

Petyot

Reaction score
Lots of Brioni suits from Wilkes Bashford at C21 in Financial district. Also a pair of EG loafer in size 13 for $300 (regular of $1000)

Peurist

Reaction score
Thought it worth mentioning -- Daffy's just got in a new shipment of shirting from Milena SpA -- Delsiena, B>More, Carrel, Renato Balestra, Mylord, Marcus, Milena, Barbarigo, Il Grancho, etc... all at $30/shirt. Yoox.com has these for close to $90 a piece. Also noticed, Century 21 got in a large shipment of shirts from Dolce & Gabanna (main line) for $90, and a small shipment of shirts from Calvin Klein Collection for $70. Both were in boxes. Though, the quality of the stuff at Daffy's is as good if not even better than this stuff and you can get it for less than half the C21 price
smile.gif
And not that this really matters, but my local Marshalls got in some random items from Canali, YSL (main line) and Gucci - if anyone sees this in TJX or Marshalls in NYC, please post the store location here, especially if you see some suits (only saw a few sweaters and a jacket, not much else).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads