What They Sell at Daffy's -- New Blog on Daffy's Menswear

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Peurist, Feb 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. cioni2k

cioni2k Senior member

It was you! *shakes fist* [​IMG]

[​IMG] All of MY Mabitex in size 48. Not all of THE Mabitex in the store! And that was quite some time ago and on different occasions. Good luck on the search!

2. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

[​IMG] All of MY Mabitex in size 48.

Stay out of Philly, pal. There're alredy too many 48s in this town's Daffys![​IMG]

3. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

Quick heads up -- (almost) all men's shirts and ties are an additional 25% off starting today (don't know the end date, would imagine through Father's Day); Mastai Ferretti shirts are already marked down to $19.99, so if you can find them and they're included in the sale --> only $14.99.

4. pdillon

pdillon Member

Your blog and this thread are awesome. I'm going to Philadelphia soon for a wedding and I will try to go to Daffy's because I just learned about Mabitex pants (I'm a complete noob). So I started digging around and this is way better than what I could have even hoped for. Thanks!

Too bad I didn't know about any of this stuff when I was at Penn. Oh well.

5. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

I know a few of you have requested this, but I finally had a few minutes to get together and compile a list of the 'best brands' at Daffy's, in case you need a reference while visiting the store. Here you go -- http://yellowbaggers.blogspot.com/p/brands-list.html I will also be adding to that a 'Medicore' list, and an 'Avoid at all costs' list, but that will take some more time, and is less important if you know the stuff that's decent.

6. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

I know a few of you have requested this, but I finally had a few minutes to get together and compile a list of the 'best brands' at Daffy's, in case you need a reference while visiting the store. Here you go -- http://yellowbaggers.blogspot.com/p/brands-list.html

I will also be adding to that a 'Medicore' list, and an 'Avoid at all costs' list, but that will take some more time, and is less important if you know the stuff that's decent.

Great job!

7. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

PSA: Most Daffy's will be putting out the first part of their Fall selection early this week. So far, the only thing of worth will be merchandise from Jey Coleman; the rest will be various items from FB/FB Class/EP/Kevin Up, and shirting from Asso di Cuori and Roberta Galifa. I expect Mabitex will be coming in soon, as that's usually early on in the season as well. Will update here with brands worth mentioning; the rest will be available on the blog.

For those C21 Shoppers, I noticed last week when I was in Jersey, that they have a decent amount of Fall merchandise out already (roughly 1/3-1/2 of the floor). Some interesting leather jackets ($300+), and a small assortment of items from their usual designers. Suit-wise the only thing I really noticed was a lot of stuff from Halston.

8. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

Quick update (will have more on blog later) - Philly (and I'm sure other stores as well) have started putting out Fall merchandise. Of note so far which I didn't mention earlier is that they've gotten in shirts from Mastai Feretti. I have yet to see any any actually marked with that name, rather just stuff I know is produced by them -- Cleveland, Bonser, Agho, Paolo Veri, Korus, A. Basile, Nervesa, etc... all at the usual $29.99.

I would give it a few more days in most stores, as the Philly store was literally still bringing things up from the basement, so probably similar things going on elsewhere.

9. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

Need some help -- Daffy's got in some really high-end merchandise (think, brand name, not unknown Italian stuff), but I'm at a loss to place the source of the merchandise -- clearly it's a retail closeout, as it's random stuff, not just one particular label. I managed to find one item w/the original store tag still on it - does this tag look familiar to anyone? The vendor code on the Daffy's tag reads "HIRS" if that helps (I'm guesing Holt Renfrew, cause at least the vendor code has an H and an R, but that's just a shot in the dark)

LINK

I will have details on the 'high-end' stuff I'm referring to here, and on the blog in the next few days once I get some free time to write it up. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help out.

10. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

^ The tag you just pictured has what looks like a Rag & Bone tag in the background.... [​IMG]

11. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

Ha, yes, that particular item is Rag & Bone; but I'm referring to the store that the item came from, not the designer label. That is where I need help - as in, the tag I posted a picture of is the bar code and price from the original store that carried it.

12. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

It may be Hirshleifers, which Daffy's?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011

13. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

Given the labels I saw and the vendor code, I think we have a winner. Info coming soon on which Daffy's are carrying this merchandise.

14. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

Just updated the blog - the important stuff to be aware of is towards the end of the post, but I will mention one thing here -- the high-end stuff that I referred to, likely from Hirshleifer's, is at 44th & Madison (largest selection), and both 57th St. Stores. All the selections are very small, but Madison got in two wool blazers from Cuccinelli at $699 each, as well as various items from Rag & Bone, APC, Woolrich and other brands. 57th East side only got in some shirts - Gitman, Woolrich and Levi's. 57th West Side got in a few coats from Woolrich.