• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What should I buy?

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ever try it to an HTC Evo?
teacha.gif

The Trendsetter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
That's a pretty good list actually. Don't know if $600 buys much in the way of travel unless it's a short roadtrip, but I agree with the rest... but I like to clamshell my laptop and run it with a monitor as a desktop at home, have you ever tried fapping to a tiny 10" screen?

It is going to be hard for me not to buy the macbook pro. I don't know why, but I absolutely love it! Grr... this is going to be a hard decision.

To the guy saying about the macbook beiing cumbersome, I actually had a regular macbook before and i LOVED IT. Had no problems with school.

I know the RIGHT thing to do is buy a cheaper laptop, but the macbook is so amazing to me. I will probably end up not buying a macbook, but I really do love them

The Trendsetter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WoodyStylee
Buy a Mac. Dont buy it because it's cool, buy it because you can download as much junk as possible with no fear of viruses. I bought a refub macbook from Apple online 3 years ago, and its still running like a champ after probably 5,000 songs 'borrowed' from Limewire.

That is what I was thinking. I heard from many of my peers that their macbooks have lasted them a long time.

ramp

Reaction score
Buy a Mac. Dont buy it because it's cool, buy it because you can download as much junk as possible with no fear of viruses. I bought a refub macbook from Apple online 3 years ago, and its still running like a champ after probably 5,000 songs 'borrowed' from Limewire.

Or get your music/Appreciation from good sites and not have to worry about viruses.
teacha.gif

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me and my buddies used extra money to go to Cancun as well as brought a stripper to the dorm room.

Yea...go get your Mac.

The Trendsetter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fraiche
Me and my buddies used extra money to go to Cancun as well as brought a stripper to the dorm room.

Yea...go get your Mac.

I've decided against buying a mac! Did some research and decided that I would like the extra money! This post was definitely a influencer too

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by The Trendsetter
That is what I was thinking. I heard from many of my peers that their macbooks have lasted them a long time.

I have an IBM t40 from 2003 that still runs after being absolutely punished for years. My GF's macbook pro (or whatever they were called at the time) from 2005 has all sorts of issues and is extremely slow. Get a $400 ULV laptop and you're set. Save the money for travel, clothes, and booze.

Originally Posted by ramp
Or get your music/Appreciation from good sites and not have to worry about viruses.
teacha.gif

This too. I've been running on a PC for my entire life, and I've learned to browse for torrents, Appreciation, and what-have-you safely without picking up any viruses over the last 6 years.

If you ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE A MAC ZOMG! then just get the macbook air 11 for around $920 (free shipping and no tax in most states, which can save you quite a bit).

http://www.buy.com/prod/apple-macboo...217644774.html

It only has the 64gb SSD, so buy an inexpensive external HDD for pics, movies, large music library etc.

But seriously, don't blow what little money you have on a mac. Like FLMM said, you won't remember what laptop you were using in college, but you will DEFINITELY remember trips you went on, girls you messed around with, and fun times you had NOT on your computer.

*edit* looks like I was slow in making my poast. We've shined the light upon this young man.

cmd06

Reaction score
I'm assuming you mean the 13" Macbook Pro so I say buy a 13" ASUS U35JC for $800.

I don't know what you have and don't have, but for clothes, I recommend buying a few quality dress shirts in white and pale blue along with a good navy or charcoal suit. Throw in a pair or two of dress shoes if you can.

BlackShoes

Reaction score
Persian Carpet, Tabriz, Kashan or Isfahan are my favourites. You will have something to take with you from college rather than just a worthless piece of paper signifying your conformity to the thought prison rules instigated by The Man.

The Trendsetter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cmd06
I'm assuming you mean the 13" Macbook Pro so I say buy a 13" ASUS U35JC for $800.

I don't know what you have and don't have, but for clothes, I recommend buying a few quality dress shirts in white and pale blue along with a good navy or charcoal suit. Throw in a pair or two of dress shoes if you can.

Almost nothing. I have a few express T-Shirts, a AE oatmeal colored V-neck sweater, one pale blue button up from AE, a ralph lauren nice hoodie, a few vnecks... I don't have much at all lol! and for shoes, I have some knock off ralph lauren boots, wanna be timbs. So clothes are definitely a necessity as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads