• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What shoe gets the most compliments from the opposite sex?

lescargot

Reaction score
Which shoe that you own gets the most compliments from the opposite sex?

Mine would have to be... CJ Weymouth!

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found that there are 2 types of women/comments I get, you have to choose which one you want to impress, you cannot have it all.

1: the Mark Nason sect: these girls can only tell if you are dressed "to go out" or dressed "to go to costco". They will look at your Mark Nasons and says "you rock"

2: the Edward Green sect: these girls are interested in picking out unusual things that people wear and assigning meaning to it. They will look at your Edward Greens and realize they see a shoe like this maybe once a year. They will say "nice shoes". They sure as hell don't know they cost $1300 though.

You can possibly try to ride the fence with some dip-dyed Paul Smiths, but this may backfire badly by being confused by both sides for the other.

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a high end shoe at all, but I've gotten the most compliments when I wear my brown suede AE Mora's.

16520Man

Reaction score
For sheer number of unsolicited compliments, JL Jermyn IIs:
JLJermynII01.jpg

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grayland
Not a high end shoe at all, but I've gotten the most compliments when I wear my brown suede AE Mora's.

My spit-shined black Moras get lots of compliments from everyone.

Biscione

Reaction score
Spectators. Every time I wear them, with no exceptions, I have several girls complimenting me.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whichever pair is on my feet. Or on her floor...

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear dress boots mostly. Nothing special. A few pair of frye and Bally boots depending on the occasions. Always get compliments. Even when I bend over to pick up a nickel, still get compliments.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My RM Williams (roo skin) gets alot
My 12 year old blue Jack Purcells
My forum special ET Wright double monks (I should post a pic of these, I antiqued the hell out of them, then removed alot of it, and now they have a killer patina)
and my MTM 2 eyed ankle boots

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
since none of my friends or work sector really "dresses up" normally, any dress shoe i wear would receive compliments from friends/women
laugh.gif

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscione
Spectators. Every time I wear them, with no exceptions, I have several girls complimenting me.

+1. And not seen much here in So Cal so people eat em up (and weird stares to even it out)

Besides that nothing stands out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads