• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What restaurant groups or chains represent quality to you?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lettuce Entertain You

Chains like Ruth Chris, Cheesecake factory, mortons... depressing all of them.

I could teach a blind and deaf moron to make better food than you could get at Mortons or Ruth Chris in an afternoon.

hws

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Nordsee.
The only time I will even give small consider for Nordsee is if I am at train station and odd time with maybe no other option, but usually much other place for food as Coop or Migros are inside or close to train station

Pat

Reaction score
ruth's chris, capital grille, maggianos, pf changs are my fav chains

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Lettuce Entertain You

Chains like Ruth Chris, Cheesecake factory, mortons... depressing all of them.

I could teach a blind and deaf moron to make better food than you could get at Mortons or Ruth Chris in an afternoon.

LEYE is awesome.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pat
ruth's chris, capital grille, maggianos, pf changs are my fav chains

P.F. Chang's would be an okay place, for a fairly low priced dinner, except for the fact every time you go, some ******* kid is playing Ringo Star on his plate with his chopsticks, and his dipshit parents think it's "so cute."

Oh, and at least in my town, don't go during prom season.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hws
The only time I will even give small consider for Nordsee is if I am at train station and odd time with maybe no other option, but usually much other place for food as Coop or Migros are inside or close to train station
But Coop and Migros are supermarkets, Nordsee is a seafood restaurant chain. I've always thought that Nordsee was the better option for something quick and inexpensive while in AT/DE, far better than something like McDonalds or any of the hundreds of pizza stands.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Street food in India is pretty tasty. Can the non-descript vendors in stalls be considered a restaurant group? Same goes for street pho in Hanoi.
inlove.gif

Millerp

Reaction score
Chart House (but I've only been to the one in Old Town Alexandria, VA)

pajames

Reaction score
I've been going to Capitol Grills for years starting with 3 years going to the original. Been going to the one in Pittsburgh since they opened and have never been disappointed.

cuffthis

Reaction score
Capital Grille. Excellent everytime I've been to one (most visits to the Philly location, but 7-8 others nationwide).

Five Guys Burgers.

Cavalier

Reaction score
+1 on Lettuce Entertain You

I haven't been there in 8 years, but Wildfire used to offer a TREMENDOUS value. I am talking a 8 oz filet, salad and sides for half the price of an a la carte steak at Mortons. A lot of the other restaurants are good too. I haven't been to any in a while except Mon Abi Gabi because it was in the building my family had an apartment (Belden Stratford), but have always been pleased as you can expect a good meal with good service.

In Columbus, Mitchel Cameron has similarly priced/quality restaurants that are also good. Far from foodie quality, but a good place to bring family from out of town for a "nice" but reasonably priced meal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads