• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think The Big Sleep is a better story (and movie) than Maltese Falcon but a fan of both, the family is really pretty depraved

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen it, looks interesting outside of the fact it is about boring Canadian RUSSIAN dominated winter sport
Fixed.
I was kidding about the theatrical aspects of the movie. Its fun, but no where near Cool Hand Luke or other great Paul Newman movies. Can just turn off your brain and enjoy.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1611276677229.png

Great film. Taut and unsentimental, but still moving. Wonderfully shot as well.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best Paul Newman movie. Slap Shot. Discuss.
After seeing it constantly hyped for years, I finally got around to watching it a while back. Meh. I can see how it was a template for other sports movies, like Bull Durham, but I don't think it's held up as well as many of his other films.

The Sting is definitely better.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Les Miserables, a very good bad cop/good cop French movie. Almost a little like training day in a way. But supposedly it had real world political implications, that helped improve the area due to how accurate the movie is on the current living conditions. 8/10.
Surely you're not referring to the one with Russel Crowe and his terrible singing.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Les Miserables, a very good bad cop/good cop French movie. Almost a little like training day in a way. But supposedly it had real world political implications, that helped improve the area due to how accurate the movie is on the current living conditions. 8/10.

Russell Crowe or Geoffrey Rush? (There is only one right answer LOL)

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Of course the best version was the one we did in high school. I played Fauchelevent :D

(non-musical)

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems like we remake more garbage movies every year. Remake some Hitchcock or Kurosawa or something good.

Perhaps the best Kurosawa remake/adaptation since The Magnificent Seven is Hoodwinked. Yes, it’s a kids cartoon with terrible animation, but the concept, script and voice talent (Anne Hathaway, Glenn Close, John Cleese etc) are fantastic. It’s Little Red Riding Hood given the Rashomon treatment: told from Red‘s, the wolf’s, Grandmother’s and the woodman’s perspective. Definitely worth a viewing, especially if you have kids.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the best Kurosawa remake/adaptation since The Magnificent Seven is Hoodwinked. Yes, it’s a kids cartoon with terrible animation, but the concept, script and voice talent (Anne Hathaway, Glenn Close, John Cleese etc) are fantastic. It’s Little Red Riding Hood given the Rashomon treatment: told from Red‘s, the wolf’s, Grandmother’s and the woodman’s perspective. Definitely worth a viewing, especially if you have kids.

I've see it multiple times, and it is fantastic.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think yojimbo was remade as a fistful of dollars

I’ve watched them both in a short time span and you’re right. It’s a remake not merely "inspired by" but still amazing western in its own right, I'd would not say it's worse than original.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
91RPYFInHqL._SL1500_.jpg

Found a pretty good action/thriller on Netflix.

Jason S is an ex undercover DEA agent who moves with his daughter to a small town after his wife dies. On his last case, he helped put away and kill some members of a biker gang.

At school one day, his daughter has to defend herself against the school bully. The bully's parents(Kate B plays the hick/meth-head mom) want to retaliate....but the husband fails. So Kate B contacts her goon/slime-ball/meth purveyor brother, James F.

James...and his meth lovin'/mini skirt wearing/still not bad in this skanky role...girlfriend(Winona R) get the bright idea to contact the head of the biker gang(who is in jail) and trade Jason's details in exchange for a meth distribution deal.

What could go wrong? Well, if you don't know who you are up against, loads!

Sylvester Stallone wrote and produced this film.

It's a good watch on a chilly Sat in NYC while guzzling some brews. Would recommend!

3.75/5.

Side note: the young actress who plays the daughter, Izabela Vidovic, did a good job!

Side side note: I was walking through JFK several years ago before a flight and saw Kate B coming towards me. She is an attractive woman. A bit thin when you see her in pics...but it was winter time when I saw her and she was sorta bundled up.

Would.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads