• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think The Big Sleep is a better story (and movie) than Maltese Falcon but a fan of both, the family is really pretty depraved

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen it, looks interesting outside of the fact it is about boring Canadian RUSSIAN dominated winter sport
Fixed.
I was kidding about the theatrical aspects of the movie. Its fun, but no where near Cool Hand Luke or other great Paul Newman movies. Can just turn off your brain and enjoy.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gojira, Godzilla.

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best Paul Newman movie. Slap Shot. Discuss.
After seeing it constantly hyped for years, I finally got around to watching it a while back. Meh. I can see how it was a template for other sports movies, like Bull Durham, but I don't think it's held up as well as many of his other films.

The Sting is definitely better.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Les Miserables, a very good bad cop/good cop French movie. Almost a little like training day in a way. But supposedly it had real world political implications, that helped improve the area due to how accurate the movie is on the current living conditions. 8/10.
Surely you're not referring to the one with Russel Crowe and his terrible singing.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Les Miserables, a very good bad cop/good cop French movie. Almost a little like training day in a way. But supposedly it had real world political implications, that helped improve the area due to how accurate the movie is on the current living conditions. 8/10.
Russell Crowe or Geoffrey Rush? (There is only one right answer LOL)

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Of course the best version was the one we did in high school. I played Fauchelevent :D

(non-musical)

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems like we remake more garbage movies every year. Remake some Hitchcock or Kurosawa or something good.
Perhaps the best Kurosawa remake/adaptation since The Magnificent Seven is Hoodwinked. Yes, it’s a kids cartoon with terrible animation, but the concept, script and voice talent (Anne Hathaway, Glenn Close, John Cleese etc) are fantastic. It’s Little Red Riding Hood given the Rashomon treatment: told from Red‘s, the wolf’s, Grandmother’s and the woodman’s perspective. Definitely worth a viewing, especially if you have kids.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Perhaps the best Kurosawa remake/adaptation since The Magnificent Seven is Hoodwinked. Yes, it’s a kids cartoon with terrible animation, but the concept, script and voice talent (Anne Hathaway, Glenn Close, John Cleese etc) are fantastic. It’s Little Red Riding Hood given the Rashomon treatment: told from Red‘s, the wolf’s, Grandmother’s and the woodman’s perspective. Definitely worth a viewing, especially if you have kids.
I've see it multiple times, and it is fantastic.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.