• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
finally saw transformers dark of the moon last night. enjoyed it thoroughly.

maplefuturist

Reaction score
Has anybody else seen Once Upon a Time in Anatolia? I watched it purely because it won the Grand Prix at Cannes, and didn't really know anything about it beforehand. After watching it, it still feels so mysterious. I must admit, I watched it on my computer which isn't ideal for such slow and meditative material.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anybody else seen Once Upon a Time in Anatolia? I watched it purely because it won the Grand Prix at Cannes, and didn't really know anything about it beforehand. After watching it, it still feels so mysterious. I must admit, I watched it on my computer which isn't ideal for such slow and meditative material.

That's next on my list.

Been watching a bit more indie lately with all the snow outside. Just watched perfect sense last night. I really enjoyed it, the director took a lot of risk and it paid off. It got the emotional feel that I felt Contagion was missing. Eva Green and Ewan McGregor didn't have enough chemistry though. Soundtrack is probably my favorite in a while as well.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone yet caught the recent Terry Gilliam 15' short, The Wholly Family.?

This was funded by the Italian pasta company Garofallo and it's set in Naples.
Apparently they made two conditions for the film: no one gets killed, and it takes place in Naples.

Philip

Reaction score
Just watched Tinker Tailor. Beautiful photography work and great soundtrack as expected from Iglesias, the pacing on the other hand was just all over the place.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have planet of the apes with c. heston for later tonight. i hope i like it.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
just saw this, was pretty good, made me think of Crash, circumstantialism and all that

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Pay no heed. It's not so bad, it's just not great.

thanks! :)
--
watched planet of the apes with charelston heston last night. over all i enjoyed the movie, but i found it a bit hard to watch as i was rolling my eyes for about 95% of the movie.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tinker... just watched and rather impressed.
I thought the pacing fine. When one gets used to typical Hollywood fare with the high/low dynamics of the three act structure I can see how one might think this is somewhat restrained and less than conventionally exciting

Philip

Reaction score
I hardly watch any typical Hollywood stuff so I wouldn't blame it on that. The plot progression just felt so uneven to me. There were these long silent beautiful takes then all of a sudden you had crucial plot information unexpectedly divulging in an instant. I thought some of the flashbacks were less fluid too. Although I am unfamiliar with the spy genre so I'd probably blame it on that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads