• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thomas Crown Affair is that incredible rarity: a movie that was improved by being remade.

Kind of like Ocean's 11, which really stretches the definition of "remake".

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

hennree

Reaction score

Yeah, that was a fascinating movie, so much so that I went back a second time with my wife although she didn't like it nearly as much as I had. You do wonder what happened to the kid who was impersonated? Was the family covering up a murder, did the boy otherwise meet foul play, or did he just run away? Sounds like he was a bad kid.

Yeah it certainly raises a few questions. Also, what kind of a kid would have tattoos at the age of 13?!

For me, I found Frédéric Bourdin to be far more 'normal' than the family.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kind of like Ocean's 11, which really stretches the definition of "remake".

Well, I never saw the original Ocean's 11 but the remake was pretty bad.

Anyway, the remake of True Grit was substantially better than John Wayne's ridiculous genre movie.

Edit: munchausen beat me to it.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saw Lincoln on Sunday (Does Lincoln win in the end? The suspense is killing me).

DDL was amazing as usual, although I wonder if know he's been type-cast as a 19th-century dude.

I had some complaint about it but I can't remember now. Not sure it was the best of 2012 but wouldn't be surprised if it sweeps the Oscars.

Going to see Zero Dark Thirty matinee today, or maybe Django. I'm a gametime decision.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

quentin tarintino is making another movie to tie in with the "trilogy" so you can watch them all over again.

Seemed strange to me that he had no problem throwing around racial epithets in Django, but was pretty restrained in Bastards. Christoph Walz was stellar in both films, Jamie Foxx was underwhelming entirely, both Samuel L Jackson and Leonardo DiCaprio were very strong.

Now on to finish up my Takeshi Kitano marathon, loved A Scene at the Sea.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Now on to finish up my Takeshi Kitano marathon, loved A Scene at the Sea.

I trust this means you are watching lots of Most Extreme Elimination Challenge and Takeshi's Castle?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
work 630-230 and then you can!

The main reason I do it is just to have something to do for a few hours. As much as I like my hours, I'm starting to realize its kind of like being in HS again where I get home at 3 (when I don't go to the gym) and I'm like, "well now what do I do?"

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, i like the 230 part, but not the 630 part. what to do, what to do.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interestingly... I like the former the most. I wake up easily and go to bed real early anyway. The latter sucks when you don't have anything to do after work.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Upside down was really interesting. Could have been better with another hour on it. I felt things were too rushed and the acting was decent nothing to write home about.

The last act into the ending seemed way too rushed to me, hence why it needs another hour or so.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Interestingly... I like the former the most. I wake up easily and go to bed real early anyway. The latter sucks when you don't have anything to do after work.

i would like to get up earlier, but to be at work at 630 id have to get up before 5. thats a no can do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads