1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Nov 29, 2010.

1. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

How does someone praise Nicolas Cage and then accuse another actor of "overacting"?

1 person likes this.
  2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

^^ sigh ^^

---

Watched Now You See Me last week. Fairly entertaining, but the completely unnecessary "romantic" aspect and ending made me want to puke.

3. Nikos

Nikos Senior member

I thought it was terrible. A poor choice for Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine (he's done several bad films though).

On another note, I had to stop The Wolverine because my daughter woke up halfway through a mass killing, so I reserve judgement.

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I liked The Wolverine. Probably one of the better comic book movies released this year which isn't really saying much.

5. hennree

hennree Senior member

Nicolas Cage is awful. Most of his films belong in this thread; http://www.styleforum.net/t/369896/terrible-movies-you-hate-to-admit-you-enjoy

I thought he was good in Kick-Ass where he played a supporting role.

I haven't seen The Wolverine, but I may give it a watch. I loved X-Men as a child but I've never been interested in watching the films, as with most comic book movies really.

Recently I've watched;

Gravity - Wow. Simply stunning to watch. I didn't get a chance to see it in IMAX so I can only imagine how incredible it must look. Overall though I thought it was OK. The problem for me was that there wasn't really much character development, so I didn't care what happened to Sandra Bullock and had to watch her going 'Ahhh, Ohhh!' for 1hr30mins.

Prisoners - I liked it. Hugh Jackman was good. Anyone that enjoyed this should also check out Zodiac.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  6. in stitches

what did you hate about it so much?

also, MF will appear in any movie no matter how bad. he just does not care. as long as he gets paid.

1 person likes this.
  7. Nikos

Nikos Senior member

Well Stitchy I am no Roger Ebert, but I believe that it is the script which makes or breaks a movie.
    Now you see me had two dimensional characters played by good actors (I also like Ruffalo and Harrelson), a confusing plot for no apparent reason, not much to like for me there.

8. otc

otc Senior member

Watched Moonstruck last night. We're probably too young/from another era, because the three of us all just thought it was weird. Had some funny moments but was somewhat difficult to continue

9. in stitches

fair enough. i didnt think it was great, but it was entertaining as far as i was concerned. a fun movie i would say. i am also a fan of ruffalo.

--

@lefty - watched when harry met sally with the wife last night. we both loved it. thanks!

10. Nikos

Nikos Senior member

A classic.

11. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

I say good for Freeman. It's not like it affects his reputation to keep doing shitty movies.

12. in stitches

I agree. Why shouldnt he. Hell, maybe he just loves doing movies.

13. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

I see awful lot of movies that would be virtually unwatchable in a theater yet I enjoy them laying on my couch a few steps from my kitchen . Just an observation. I'm sure this is pretty common . Anyway this explains why I was able to watch We're the Millers yesterday a movie that appeared to
    have a hilarious plot backed up by competent comedy actors but I bet it really sucked in the theater

14. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

15. lefty

lefty Senior member

Madness.

Hard not to like that movie, but how is it that it took this long for you to watch it?

lefty

16. in stitches

Because it was released before I was born?

17. lefty

lefty Senior member

Fuck, I'm old.

Wait, how young are you?

lefty

18. in stitches

19. lefty

lefty Senior member

Just made my cutoff.

lefty

20. in stitches

cutoff for what exactly? whatever it is, its great news!