• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Star Wars has grown on me. I watched it at an independent cinema as part of a local film club on Monday. Good fun, but yes not the incredible film the fanboys make it out to be. Still, the merchandise around the game is great fun.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wish they would release Star Wars without all the new special effects and unnecessary edits.

Clark

Reaction score
I guess you know about the fan edits being made to the Star Wars original trilogy to try to recreate the original, theatrical release. Especially noteworthy are the recently released "Despecialized edition" by Harmy which is based on multiple sources and which very nearly, down to the last detail, recreates the original. In HD quality. See here:

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/to...TERED-is-now-officially-released/topic/12713/

ESB and ROTJ are available also.

/C

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Star Wars has grown on me. I watched it at an independent cinema as part of a local film club on Monday. Good fun, but yes not the incredible film the fanboys make it out to be. Still, the merchandise around the game is great fun.

You have to watch it when you're a kid.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

watched zodiac last night, really enjoyed it.

Start doing some research on it. You'll suddenly find it to be one of the best and creepiest movies ever when you realize virtually every moment in the movie actually happened as presented, many locations were the actual locations, and the recorded phone calls were authentic.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Start doing some research on it. You'll suddenly find it to be one of the best and creepiest movies ever when you realize virtually every moment in the movie actually happened as presented, many locations were the actual locations, and the recorded phone calls were authentic.

wow. that is awesome. i will read up on it. thanks.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I did, I grew up with the original films and original toys, but then pretty much forgot about the film after I was 15 or so.
Still Fang, Princess Leia?

Meh.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So tell me, Fang, have you ever enjoyed anything ever in your life? Just curious, because it doesn't seem that you have.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've heard that they even went so far as to modify locations to make them how they were at that time. Like replanting trees that had been removed or removing/replacing trees that had been planted/grown etc.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Priceless (A french movie, loved it 10/10 stars)

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So tell me, Fang, have you ever enjoyed anything ever in your life? Just curious, because it doesn't seem that you have.

He certainly is a grumpy chap, Teacher. I think it's all bluff though, and with a few drinks and some skinny girls, he'd be happy as Larry ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads