1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I did. That was a mini-series if I recall. The premise was moderately interesting although I think it kid of fell apart toward the end there.

2. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Senior member

Figured this was best place to ask this:

what's that movie about bunch of rich, snobby young kids ( i think they are all rich) that i have seen posted on here.

I remember that clip about being at some small dormroom (?) house party where you get this wonderful scene with pretentious guy questioning some other guy about "Marxist" philosophy. I think the men are wearing tuxes...

Dammit i hate when this happens.

3. JustChris

JustChris Senior member

Watched this a couple of weeks ago, despite my dislike of Jack Black. Surprisingly decent.

4. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Metropolitan

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100142/

1 person likes this.
  5. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

Excellent premise, so-so execution (what do you expect? It's Sci-Fi). But now I just can't picture Peter Krause as a tough, stop-at-nothing cop after watching Parenthood...

6. otc

otc Senior member

I remember enjoying it although I was still in high school... so I was probably pretty willing to forgive the issues with it falling apart since I thought the premise was pretty cool.
    I don't have sci fi so it's the only sci fi original I have ever seen--got a hold of it online while it was airing because I'm always interested in watching a show my relative is in.

IIRC it was one of the early roles that Elle Fanning played where she wasn't just cast as a flashback younger-version of her sister.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  7. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Metropolitan is a great film.

8. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Wow, interesting. I was hooked on ZDT, but felt similarly with Django Unchained

9. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

Supposedly there is a comic book in the works that will continue the storyline where the miniseries left off.

10. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

Im in a rut movie wise...nothing I watched in the last week was any good and I probably attempted to watch 5-6 things. Everything was meh and I only got through 1 of them.

11. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

have you watched the BBC Black Mirror Series?

Its three separate/different movies that revolve around a common theme. Each movie is around only an hour each and totally riveting. The best part is how each movie really mind-fucks you especially if you watch it with someone else - it'll provide conversation fodder for hours for each one.

12. OmniscientCause

Ill give that a look...I like british tv I just finished getting through skins last week. I originally watched seasons 1-3 back when I was in college then I watched 1-2 again this summer. Got side tracked this fall and started from season 3 in november.

I know its kind of mindless tv but i found it interesting up through season 4. Season 5 and 6 was a waste specifically season 6.

Little embarrassed I watched it but w/e :embar:

sad part is i have like 20 movies in my queue on xfinifty but i fear they will all be lame like the last weeks.

I attempted to watch:
    cold souls
    another earth
    paprika ( finished this but it was not satisfying )
    Anonymous

Maybe 1 or 2 more I took of my queue

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Just sat through 3 hours of Cloud Atlas. What a horrid, sprawling mess of a movie. I have to hope that the book was better, because this was absolutely yawn inspiring.

14. OmniscientCause

Yea I was kind of upset when I saw cloud atlas in theaters...could have been a much better movie. I also want to read the book Im in the middle of american psycho now though.

15. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

What was the last thing you watched that you enjoyed?

16. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Celeste and Jesse Forever. What I took away from that movie is that I cannot take Andy Samberg seriously.

17. OmniscientCause

Looper, so I wound up watching it again last night.

I guess I need a long series to start. Ive already watched most of HBO and I dont really want to rewatch the wire sopranos because I did that as recently as within the last 14 months.

I feel like ive seen most of the good independent films that I would like, and Ive seen all other movies in my favorite genres.

I safe bet may be rewatching lost if its on hulu I may do that.

But just like i said, im in a rut and nothing seems really appealing.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  18. b1os

b1os Senior member

There are plenty of other good series. Have you watched them all?

19. OmniscientCause

Boardwalk
    The Wire
    Sopranos
    Entourage
    True Blood

I could maybe do Mad Men Ive only seen bits and pieces from different seasons never a full season

Rubicon unfortunately was only one season

I think there is maybe one more on HBO worth watching, deadwood i think? I havent looked in awhile though.

20. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Game of Thrones? :D

Deadwood is indeed an HBO series. Watched a few episodes, but never got seriously into it.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013