• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you saw it? did you enjoy?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you saw it? did you enjoy?

Not yet, seeing tomorrow and Saturday, but doing many viewings of the first two all week to satisfy my insane anticipation.

Edit:

One of my favorite parts of the Dark Knight is when Batman is beating the **** out of the Joker in the interrogation room and he is just laughing at him. The way you are seeing Batman realizing how he is pitted against somebody that can't be beaten into compliance is pretty memorable.

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not yet, seeing tomorrow and Saturday, but doing many viewings of the first two all week to satisfy my insane anticipation.

BB and TDK have become boring to me, just because I've seen them a million times. Great movies though. Don't think I want to sit through them again

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BB and TDK have become boring to me, just because I've seen them a million times. Great movies though. Don't think I want to sit through them again

You crazyyy. Certain movies I never tire of. Some others that I watch over and over:

Aliens
Top Gun
The Rock
LOTR trilogy
Caddy Shack
Terminator
Terminator 2

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You crazyyy. Certain movies I never tire of. Some others that I watch over and over:
Aliens
Top Gun
The Rock
LOTR trilogy
Caddy Shack
Terminator
Terminator 2

+ the first Matrix film

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Watched The Departed last night. The ending pissed me off beyond belief.

I honestly didn't like that movie one bit. Di Caprio's was the only character I cared about at all, and even then it was only the second half of the movie. Not a single other character was compelling to me in the least; rather, I found them to be two-dimensional characatures with zero pathos. Oh, and the stupid rat at the end was about as subtle as getting a handy in the middle of a crowded bar.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I honestly didn't like that movie one bit. Di Caprio's was the only character I cared about at all, and even then it was only the second half of the movie. Not a single other character was compelling to me in the least; rather, I found them to be two-dimensional characatures with zero pathos. Oh, and the stupid rat at the end was about as subtle as getting a handy in the middle of a crowded bar.

Y U MAD THO

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Because Scorcese is much better than that.

ah, well in that case, ok. but i liked it.

funny tho that that is what got him an oscar finally, not nearly as good as previous works.

Last edited:

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

frenchytoo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
watch Rocky again,its a very underrated movie even though it won an Oscar people love to **** on only because of the sequels.
was it better then Taxi Driver...tough call,dont forget Rocky was a feel good story where as TD was a major downer even though it was brilliant and everybody loves an under dog story thats probably gave it the final nudge.
i gotta go with Rocky.
Scorsese would have won any other year with this movie.
i think he even lost to rocky once. WFT is that **** about?

Last edited:

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, for me it's a tough call between those movies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads