• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i went in there with high expectations and was disappointed. it dragged on, story plots twists werent captivating, could have edited an hour out
Really .. :( I have hoped very high for this as well. Will see it next weekend I think. But the trailer was **** good.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Really .. :( I have hoped very high for this as well. Will see it next weekend I think. But the trailer was **** good.

the second movie was one of the best movies of all time, imo, so its natural to have high expectations for the subsequent film.

1. Dark Knight
6. Dark Knight Rises, Batman Begins

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TDKR was better than TDK if you ask me. Already saw TDKR twice and will see it at least once more in the theater.

the way batman was shown to be vulnerable to the point of being completely having the **** beaten out of him was great. In the previous two movies he seemed indestructible.

Last edited:

frenchytoo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
if you like Adam Scott watch a movie called WHO LOVES THE SUN.
watched by chance a year ago when remote was too far to get up lol, really liked it

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you like Adam Scott watch a movie called WHO LOVES THE SUN.
watched by chance a year ago when remote was too far to get up lol, really liked it
He is not one of my favorite actors out there, he is OK. Will check that out someday, thanks!

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LOL at having high expectations of super hero movies.

The good guys always win

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strange that I never have seen Inception , will see it tonight!

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Nothing special in terms of plot (if you can follow). If special effects give you a stiffy, I imagine you'll be happy. Similar tropes seen many times before.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Nothing special in terms of plot (if you can follow). If special effects give you a stiffy, I imagine you'll be happy. Similar tropes seen many times before.
Just finished it and I can honestly say this was on of the best movies I have seen in a long time, so great! Little confusing so I dont think many people would like this movie. But for me it was just a WOW!

Edit: And me who loves suits the clothing in the movie was awesome!

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just finished it and I can honestly say this was on of the best movies I have seen in a long time, so great! Little confusing so I dont think many people would like this movie. But for me it was just a WOW!

Edit: And me who loves suits the clothing in the movie was awesome!

Strange. I turned it off. I thought it sucked.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interesting post on Put This On recently talking about male actors in the past not using costume designers except for things like period pieces/war movies. One example that was presented was Hitchcock (despite being detail-obsessed) just telling Cary Grant to go to his tailor and he'd pick up the tab while employing the best costume designer out there to deal with the female characters.
Makes me want to watch To Catch a Thief.

Watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid last night. Realized a little way in that I had definitely seen it before (probably on TCM or something) but it was still nice to watch again.

Last edited:

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^That is interesting. What's more, Grant -- who was famously afraid of being poor again -- insisted that his contracts include all his wardrobe as payment. Late in his life, he gave an interview at his home. At some point he observed that the reporter was about his size and led him to a storage locker which contained box after box of his old wardrobe pieces. Grant told the reporter to pick out whatever he wanted, remarking he probably wouldn't be needing the items. Can you imagine?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics