• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MV5BMTQ0NWFiNjgtYzg0OS00YWRlLTgxZDYtZDM3ZGEzYTBkODU3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA4NjE0NjEy._V1_.jpg

A pair of masked ex military dudes plan to rob a front restaurant of 30 kilos of yayo! When they get there...they realize that the place was holding 300 kilos!

Well, it's only 2 of them, so they grab 50 kilos, get into a shootout with the NYPD, end up killing 7 of them and the worker at the restaurant, and go on the run all around NYC.

Along comes Chadwick B(NYPD detective) and Sienna M(NYPD narcotics) to lead the search for the murderers...along with the FBI who want first dibs.

Chadwick has his own Internal Affairs problems and Sienna is not her usual glamours/gorgeous self(in this role.)

Something doesn't seem right! Everyone from the drug dealer who the masked duo tries to flip the coke to, the FBI, the contact who is supposed to help supply fake ID/passports to get out of the country....down to the NYPD....has an agenda.

Chadwick decides to lock everything down...starting with the 21 bridges that can lead out of NYC! Then the tunnels. They the buses. You get the picture!

This one ain't hard to spot....but it isn't a bad watch...decent action!

3/5.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E92C5113-CD99-4375-8115-4F25713611FD.jpeg

Watched this last night what to say well the mix of noir aesthetics, Metropolis visuals and 80’s power dressing still works along with Tim Burtons direction. Great performances by both Nicholson, Keaton and Kim Basingers legs .

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moby Dick .

when we've sat down with disney or marvel or harry potter or whatever , my 7-year-old kiddo very consistently identifies with the villains and monsters , i think he may be naturally black-hearted .

so we spent a bit of sunday with ahab and the white whale , he really enjoyed it .

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MV5BMTY3MDk5MDc3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzAyNTg0Ng@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I hadn't seen this in years and gave it another go last night.

What starts as a unknown flu-like outbreak turns into a global pandemic(where do these Hollywood people get these ideas?)

This flick follows several people who look to identify, replicate, create a vaccine and even capitalize($$) on this tragedy.

Some good performances. Nothing shattering. 3.5/5.

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
C'mon c'mon
1646868201944.jpeg

artsy-fartsy.
c'mon, it's in glorious black and white so it must be.
other than that, meh tbh

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Also we saw this one recently Deception

Deception_poster.jpg

Léa Seydoux is there and gets to do a lot of what she had No Time to (Die) do opposite that other senior citizen in a recent release.
This time she has to fake interest in an even older character but it's mainly a verbose thing even if you do get an eyeful of the female lead.

Last edited:

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1765639
This was fun. Definitely recommended.
I liked it more than the more recent offerings from both studios (Luca, Encanto, Onward). It was clearly made with millennial parents in mind, as it’s set in the early 00s and has a bunch of nostalgic things (boy bands, Tamagotchi, boom boxes, camcorders, etc.)

Last edited:

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Subscribed to HBOMax so my son could watch the new Dune. Fell asleep twice during it. But man, theIr catalog is deep. I’ve been sick all weekend so I watched Goodfellas, Wonderboys, Harlan County USA and now I’m watching Nanook of the North.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Green Knight on my flight to Newark. Interesting movie but Galwain was really stupid. He should’ve just knocked the dude on the arm to save all the trouble.

Usonian

Reaction score
The Green Knight on my flight to Newark. Interesting movie but Galwain was really stupid. He should’ve just knocked the dude on the arm to save all the trouble.

lol yeah, i really enjoyed this movie though. I actually read the book beforehand and I think that did me a disservice. I liked how open it was to interpretation, just like i'm sure the original was open to interpretation as well, except in a contemporary manner and different art form. i was kinda confused at the end, but that movie just sat with me real well... i definitely want to check it again.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol yeah, i really enjoyed this movie though. I actually read the book beforehand and I think that did me a disservice. I liked how open it was to interpretation, just like i'm sure the original was open to interpretation as well, except in a contemporary manner and different art form. i was kinda confused at the end, but that movie just sat with me real well... i definitely want to check it again.
King Arthur right before the challenge even told Galwain it’s just game. ******* Galwain took the game way too seriously. Afterwards, all the other knights were like “yeah bro, good job” and green knight was “see you in a year asshole”. That’s when Galwain knew he fvcked up.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads