• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got sucked into Top Gun for the zillionth time.
I have too...
I remember seeing it in theaters as a kid and sat through it twice, back to back.
So I was skeptical back when the 3-D blu-ray version came out.
It's amazing. The conversion was great, and it was a whole new experience with it.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have too...
I remember seeing it in theaters as a kid and sat through it twice, back to back.
So I was skeptical back when the 3-D blu-ray version came out.
It's amazing. The conversion was great, and it was a whole new experience with it.
Wasn’t there a too gun sequel in the works?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn’t there a too gun sequel in the works?
Assuming you meant Top Gun, the sequel, Top Gun: Maverick is done and “in the can”. It was originally slated to release last summer, but was delayed for obvious reasons. Then release shifted to July ‘21, now it is again delayed to November ‘21.

Here’s a trailer:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assuming you meant Top Gun, the sequel, Top Gun: Maverick is done and “in the can”. It was originally slated to release last summer, but was delayed for obvious reasons. Then release shifted to July ‘21, now it is again delayed to November ‘21.

Here’s a trailer:

Thanks, that makes sense. Been eagerly awaiting the new Bond film which has seen similar delays.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5B63AEBD-1124-4D5B-9A9C-2FA82589CAC7.jpeg

Poignant.Powerful. Disturbing. Emotionally and intellectually moving historical drama. Excellent.

Focuses on the internal politics of the Civil Rights activists and the tension between MLK Jr and LBJ in 1965 voting rights marches. Proves once again that George Wallace was a racist piece of white trash, lest we forget that J.Edgar Hoover was an odious piece of human excrement.

Initially saw it on its cinema release and watched on Stan an Oz cable subscription service.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BE8FF5B2-7D55-4A6F-993F-E51AB0B683FE.jpeg

Gotta bring back the “tank top and suspenders” look that Denzel wears for 75% of this movie:

2492899B-DEF8-4496-89DD-26AD777B9D2F.jpeg

Pretty much everything about this movie is executed extremely well, from the opening credits, to the editing, the screenplay, and the performances. Don Cheadle is *incredible* in this. Excellent noir, maybe better than LA Confidential.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Still think it’s crappy how they snubbed Kelly McGillis for Top Gun 2.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B9150BB3-9158-402D-BB88-93F828343703.jpeg

Some choppy editing and the script is a bit self-indulgent, but really great music, acting, direction, and costume design. Lawrence Fishburne and Jeff Goldblum nail their parts.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1628087
I love Amazon Prime for having movies like this available. I stumbled upon it and was very pleasantly surprised. Totally fucked up story but also quite amusing.
Awesome movie and Linda Fiorentino was fantastic in the lead role.

She was in some great films in the 1990s - The Last Seduction, Men in Black, Dogma - and then basically disappeared from sight.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.