• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mollys-Game-V2-960x1440.jpg

ANyone catch that ^?

YouTube rec’d the trailer yesterday. I must say JC is a sexy woman’s in some of her roles.

Felt like rote Sorkin, to me at least. I have to give him credit for creating a style that I'm now kinda sick of.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1263513

Stunning movie, completely lived up to the hype and subverted my expectations. My favorite film of the year so far, though there are still many more to see. I cannot wait to see it again.

I wanted to see this tonight, but my friend did not, so we are going to see Gemini Man.

Dolemite_is_My_Name_poster.jpg

Caught this in the theater last night. (Trying to get my money's worth out of the Alamo Season Pass.) Solid movie, definitely worth a watch on Netflix. Perfect role for Murphy, and great supporting cast.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MV5BMTA3MjY5MjQ5ODleQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDU4NjQ5NDIx._V1_.jpg

5/10 nice score, somewhat interesting but can't help being pretentious and self-indulged, I fail to see the genius in it.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MV5BNjI5OTNkMzUtZDYzYy00NWQ5LTg4YzYtZmZjZDI0MGQzNGY2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg2NjQwMDQ@._V1_.jpg

This is basically a Bourne movie, with the twist that the supersoldier coming the hero is a clone of the hero. It's a bad movie, but not 25% bad. Maybe 5/10. It would be better if it didn't take itself so seriously.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MV5BNjI5OTNkMzUtZDYzYy00NWQ5LTg4YzYtZmZjZDI0MGQzNGY2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg2NjQwMDQ@._V1_.jpg

This is basically a Bourne movie, with the twist that the supersoldier coming the hero is a clone of the hero. It's a bad movie, but not 25% bad. Maybe 5/10. It would be better if it didn't take itself so seriously.
^
When your actual son repeatedly fails as a movie star your progenitorial ego dictates that you instead star in a movie featuring yourself and a younger yourself?
Sorry, Ponce, but I'm just not buying your phony fountain....

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1264615

5/10 nice score, somewhat interesting but can't help being pretentious and self-indulged, I fail to see the genius in it.

Godard had Brigitte Bardot get naked in like the first five minutes so viewers could enjoy the film, rather than constantly be wondering if she’d get naked.

That was his genius.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ANyone catch that ^?

YouTube rec’d the trailer yesterday. I must say JC is a sexy woman’s in some of her roles.
I've seen it on HBO, Showtime, or whatever premium movie channel it came on that I have. I didn't know that this was based on a real life person and events until the end of the movie and googled to learn about the real Molly Bloom.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WeAreStillHereUKSleeve.jpg

Not scary at all but entertaining (and thankfully short) c-grade horror. This should be an entertaining ride to Halloween.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
114399_ab.jpg

Coincidence that I caught 2 Gere flicks during the last week or so.

Arbitrage sees him as the head of a financial firm trying to balance a business and personal crisis that could see him sent to jail.

Nothing special. 2.5/5.

220px-The_Double_Poster.jpg

Double has been done before. Gere plays an old school CIA operative brought back in to find the elusive Russian double agent. Topher is the hot shot agent who feels that he is getting closer to the answer.

Also a 2.5/5.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
114399_ab.jpg

Coincidence that I caught 2 Gere flicks during the last week or so.

Arbitrage sees him as the head of a financial firm trying to balance a business and personal crisis that could see him sent to jail.

Nothing special. 2.5/5.

220px-The_Double_Poster.jpg

Double has been done before. Gere plays an old school CIA operative brought back in to find the elusive Russian double agent. Topher is the hot shot agent who feels that he is getting closer to the answer.

Also a 2.5/5.
Wow, we really think alike often.
2.5/5 would definitely be the most I would go on both of those. And, I have to knock off minimum 0.25 each just for the Gere smugness...drives me batty.

A much better alternative in the "Arbitrage" genre, for me, is "Margin Call". I have seen it several times,and it never disappoints; well-written and interesting. Jeremy Irons steals the show in <5 minutes of work but everyone is very good. Tucci is excellent, so is Bettany. Spacey too, as are the two young guys. Even Demi Moore and Simon Baker, who normally annoy me.

Easily 3.74628591 / 5 for me.

51nWpED4hnL.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A much better alternative in the "Arbitrage" genre, for me, is "Margin Call". I have seen it several times,and it never disappoints; well-written and interesting. Jeremy Irons steals the show in <5 minutes of work but everyone is very good. Tucci is excellent, so is Bettany. Spacey too, as are the two young guys. Even Demi Moore and Simon Baker, who normally annoy me.

Easily 3.74628591 / 5 for me.

51nWpED4hnL.jpg

I also liked this. Saw it 3-4 times. Agree with everything about your recap.

3.5/5.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
740full-fire-with-fire-poster.jpg

You know, i didn’t hate this. Never heard of it until this week.

The action started right away. Bruce is really playing second fiddle in this flick.

What happens when a fireman is witness to a crime and gets perused once he is put in witness protection? Watch and see.

Guest starring Pvt Pyle from Full Metal Jacket.

2.75-3/5.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads