• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What kind of yogurt do you eat?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Are you in San Francisco?
laugh.gif

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by freshcutgrass
All yogurt on store shelves use pasteurized milk. This process kills the bacteria, enzymes and nutrients. Some manufacturers add cultures after this process (and you have to check carefully), but most of the good stuff is long gone. Even then, if fruit, fructose or other sugar agents are added, they will also kill the bacteria (and add lots of calories).

So, if you are consuming "yogurt" thinking you are loading your body with powerful, magical "stuff", or thinking it's a great diet food (a lot of it is not low in calories)..you are just another ignorant victim.

I love those people who eat "muffins" and yogurt for breakfast, and think it's actually kinda healthy/nutritious, when they are really having cake and pudding for breakfast. You're much better off with the eggs & bacon.

If you really want a powerful cultured milk product...try real kefir...many more cultures than "yogurt". But it doesn't taste like pudding, so decide if you want desert or not. It's also quite powerful, so if you overdo it, you will know.

Personally, I don't bother with useless "yogurt"...I use a Vita Mix every morning to liquefy whole fruits and a bit of veggies ino a "smoothie", which contain all the nutrients, enzymes, bacteria and fibre of the whole food (skins, seeds and all).

The machine is very expensive, but lasts forever ( 7-year warranty just in case) and cleaning is the easiest thing in the world (quick rinse). Unlike "juicing", you use the whole item, so cost is lowered because there is almost no waste. Not only is it really healthy and cost-saving...they can be very delicious at the same time, appealing to you "pudding & cake" fans.

It isn't just for smoothies...make your own flour...throw in organic peanuts and get instant peanut butter...and it makes and cooks any kind of soup you care to have right in the machine.

And no...you can't do this a regular "blender"...not nearly powerful enough...the Vita Mix uses a powerful motor to propel its special blades at 33,000 rpm.

I have been using this for well over a decade now, and it suits my lazy lifestyle. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Geez, did you have a bad day or something? And yes, muffins and high-cal yogurts are like eating cake and pudding for breakfast, but they are most certainly not better for you than eating eggs and bacon. And wait a minute...why can't I use my "regular" blender to puree fruits and vegetables? Oh wait, I already do.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by freshcutgrass
All yogurt on store shelves use pasteurized milk. This process kills the bacteria, enzymes and nutrients. Some manufacturers add cultures after this process (and you have to check carefully), but most of the good stuff is long gone. Even then, if fruit, fructose or other sugar agents are added, they will also kill the bacteria (and add lots of calories).

So, if you are consuming "yogurt" thinking you are loading your body with powerful, magical "stuff", or thinking it's a great diet food (a lot of it is not low in calories)..you are just another ignorant victim.

I love those people who eat "muffins" and yogurt for breakfast, and think it's actually kinda healthy/nutritious, when they are really having cake and pudding for breakfast. You're much better off with the eggs & bacon.

If you really want a powerful cultured milk product...try real kefir...many more cultures than "yogurt". But it doesn't taste like pudding, so decide if you want desert or not. It's also quite powerful, so if you overdo it, you will know.

Personally, I don't bother with useless "yogurt"...I use a Vita Mix every morning to liquefy whole fruits and a bit of veggies ino a "smoothie", which contain all the nutrients, enzymes, bacteria and fibre of the whole food (skins, seeds and all).

The machine is very expensive, but lasts forever ( 7-year warranty just in case) and cleaning is the easiest thing in the world (quick rinse). Unlike "juicing", you use the whole item, so cost is lowered because there is almost no waste. Not only is it really healthy and cost-saving...they can be very delicious at the same time, appealing to you "pudding & cake" fans.

It isn't just for smoothies...make your own flour...throw in organic peanuts and get instant peanut butter...and it makes and cooks any kind of soup you care to have right in the machine.

And no...you can't do this a regular "blender"...not nearly powerful enough...the Vita Mix uses a powerful motor to propel its special blades at 33,000 rpm.

I have been using this for well over a decade now, and it suits my lazy lifestyle. I can't recommend it highly enough.

This guy is OBVIOUSLY a badass. Take that you pudding eating pussies!!
rolleyes.gif

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
Geez, did you have a bad day or something?
Did that come off that way? Hmm...no

Sorry...I have an aversion to emoticons, so I guess I will just have to live with the fact some folks will completely misinterpret my tone and demeanor in posts.

but they are most certainly not better for you than eating eggs and bacon.
I guess that entirely depends on what aspects of either you are talking about, but in general, an egg has far more nutritional value than an empty calorie, additive rich mini cake.

But keep in mind...that was more of light-hearted joke , rather than a serious dietary comment.

Perhaps I'm not the one having a bad day?

And wait a minute...why can't I use my "regular" blender to puree fruits and vegetables? Oh wait, I already do.
I don't recall saying you couldn't "puree" with a regular blender. But it could never get the consistency of this machine, because the of the speed and torque difference, and the fact that the blades on the Vita Mix don't "cut", but pulverize. Not that it matters to most, but this allows you to assimilate the nutrients far better, and unlock the great nutrients found in skin and seeds you won't do in a regular blender. I mean, good luck liquefying a strawberry seed in a regular blender. It also allows you to do these things much quicker than a regular blender, oxidation very quickly destroys the nutrient level.

But that's just smoothies...there's other things the Vita Mix can do that a regular blender simply can't at all, because of the difference in power, speed, blade design, container design, variable speed. The "consumer" Vita Mix is the same machine used in professional applications...it's a very heavy duty machine....throw a hunk of 2X4 into a regular blender...and you'll be going back to Walmart for a new one. Throw a 2X4 into a Vita Mix....and you'll get sawdust.

Are you in San Francisco?
I'm not even American, so I'm afraid that one went right over my head.

billiebob

Reaction score
The VitaMix is so powerful, it can heat water damn hot by friction. Calling it a blender is not at all accurate. It destroys vegetables so you can drink them. Try that with a blender and carrots and celery.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The VitaMix doesn't use nuclear power; nuclear power uses VitaMix.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
The VitaMix doesn't use nuclear power; nuclear power uses VitaMix.

Only in Soviet Russia.

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
No, San Francisco has an unusual amount of people who are very much into the organic, gourmet "lifestyle"if you will.
That's kinda what I thought you meant. But if San Fran were London, then I'd be Tokyo.

bant

Reaction score
fage fat free plus some fresh fruit. tastes great, very good for you, high protein/low carbs -- end of story

Cordwinder

Reaction score
20071206103354.jpg
Bulgarian yogurt made by Meiji Dairies in Japan... But judging how everyone seems to be referring to non-asian brands, my contribution is rendered useless...

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I just tried Greek yogurt for the first time (Fage), it is unbelievable! Love the texture and the tartness is a great contrast when you add a bit of honey. Not cheap though, so I'm going to take a crack at making my own.

adambparker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trader Joe's brand Greek yogurt is just as good as Fage, but much cheaper ($2.79 for a 16 oz. container in Chicago).

teacha.gif

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Low fat or no fat offbrand yogurt with lecithin granules mixed in

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oscarthewild
Brown cow, cream on top
Ronnybrook farms
stonyfield farms cream on top

"Russian style" when I can find it.

Dahi, brand name for Indian style yogurt - full fat ofcourse.

Homemade (rarity). Made in a terracota flat dish.

I love Brown Cow.

It's especially good if you mix it with Skittles - thanks, freshcutgrass!!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics