Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What is your lucky suit, and why?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Phil, May 4, 2005.

1. Phil

Phil Senior member

We all have one suit, the one we go to when we have that important meeting with a new client, a big date we have been planning etc. Im not as interested in the brand of suit you prefer, but instead the style it is, and why. For me, when I have to really look my best, I invariably wear this:

-A dark, solid colored charcoal suit, generally 3 button, rolled to the second. Double vented. In the summer its tropical wool 2 pc, in the winter a heavy weight flannel 3 pc.
    -a crisp white poplin shirt, with french cuffs.
    -solid black grenadine tie
    -Black cordovan oxfords
    -white linen pocket square

I think I look best in this outfit for a few reasons. Im Italian, with the complexion to match. Secondly, my hair is salt and pepper. The reason I chose a very simple emsemble for my most important occassions is I think it is a mature, dignified look that commands respect. This is always helpful in the business world.

What about everyone else? What are your go-to suits for those big occassions, and why?

2. fkl118

fkl118 Senior member

My outfit for importants meetings and presentations:

Zegna NC suit: Navy blue with subtle pinstripes. Three-button with side-vents. Light weight fabric.

White shirt with French cuffs.
    Silver and onyx cufflinks.
    Dark red tie with a sort of interrupted linear pattern (sorry I can't describe any better).
    Cream coloured pocket square.
    Dark brown wholecut oxfords, and matching belt.

I know it's pretty much the standard business ensemble but that's why I like it. It looks good, and is conservative enough for almost all business encounters.