• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What gym do you go to? And how much are you paying?

Bruce9241

Reaction score
I'm currently a member of LA Fitness. The place is fine. Has all kinds of cute stuff I don't use (pool, racquet ball courts, basketball court, locker, sauna, jacuzzi, juice bar).

I'm thinking of leaving this place because they aren't budging on my renewal fee. I'm up for renewal in about two weeks and it will cost me $274.00 for 1 year. That works out to about $23.00 a month.

That sounds a bit high especially since 24hour has this deal right now through Costco $299 for 2years no signup fee. http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...amp;lang=en-US

I understand that 24hour fitness is a bit lower quality than LA Fitness, but that doesn't matter to me because I only use the weights and cardio machine. I've even considered just running on the streets and purchasing some dumbells to lift at home.

Anyone here have any experience in negotiating prices with these gyms?

Reaction score
I go for a basic gym near my home and I pay around 20$ a month its quite enough for me. I dont go for hardcore execising..

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$23 a month is cheap for most of the higher-end gyms.

I'm at Golds. I get a health insurance rebate that brings it down to about $8 a month for me but otherwise it'd be in the mid-20's. Lifetime fitness here runs closer to $50.

Patrician

Reaction score
I personally don't go to any gym but I do know that several of my friends do and they pay about $700 a year.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a member of L.A. fitness for years now and I'm paying $ 30 a month. They take it out of my checking every single month. I haven't been going so it's totally my loss. I practice Bikram Yoga in La Cienega instead. I don't know if I"ll keep up my L.A. fitness membership.

Kas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
25 euros a month for boxing training.
I'm working on my home gym now; kettlebells, dumbbells, a barbell, just the basic stuff.
I used to go to Fitness First paying 45 euros (60 dollars) a month. It was nice when I started, with a sauna and it all looked very professional. However, at one point I was toying around with their new kettlebells, one of their personal trainers told me I was doing it wrong and I was wrecking my back if I kept on going like that - so I asked her how I should do it instead. She wouldn't tell me because I wasn't paying for her services as a personal trainer.
sarcasm.gif

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'd be interested in knowing yearly membership fees at various gyms around NYC.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
used to go to powerhouse, them la fitness which was too fancy and $ for me.

i now go to synergy, which is $149 down and $29/month. they accomodate my requests generallt like a trap bar, heavy kettle bells and 200lb dumbells

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man...I was getting hosed at NYSC for $85 or so a month and a $20.08 sign up fee from some 2008 promotion. It was the closest gym to my old apartment. Thank god that year contract is ending in a month as my new apartment building has a gym on. Not a ton of stuff, but enough for the basics and the price can't be beat (included in rent).

bullethead

Reaction score
I pay 81 a month for crunch. was looking into the Y in my hood which is 300/year. Weight room was a little small, though.

started doing two yoga classes per week (free) so the price isn't that bad.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
**** I need to find a new gym, local community center is over 55$ a month and yes it has free access to the pool for the members but.. it's a community center. I want a juice bar and a racquet ball court.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
About $45 a month for a mid tier gym in downtown Seattle. I generally avoid the big corporation gyms as they tend to be very busy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics