• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think is the point of the WAYWT thread?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
To post pictures of what you're wearing, get feedback on it, and to get ideas from other successful posters. I wish people gave more constructive feedback and opinions, actually, there's not enough of that.

Bislane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
See? This is what I was talking about in my previous post.
You could say I mentioned circle jerk in a roundabout way but other than that I think you're not only false in your statement but are more proving my point than your own. The OP asked what people who read this forum think of WAYWT. I read this forum and that's honestly what I think. Not trying to start **** but the us vs. them mentality that you seem to have in a lot of posts (this one included - some get it and some don't) is what I tend to dislike about WAYWT and the forum as a whole.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bislane
Not trying to start **** but the us vs. them mentality that you seem to have in a lot of posts (this one included - "some get it and some don't") is what I tend to dislike about WAYWT and the forum as a whole.
You can talk when you post your own fit for us to judge.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
^^^

What I meant was that your pov wasn't new or original but that it had been expressed by others repeatedly. The whole idea was we had gone over this before, every single possible conceivable angle.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I like my explanation the best so far.

wiru

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
You can talk when you post your own fit for us to judge.
God I am sick of the groupthink around here. (edit: ^^intended to be a tounge-in-cheek "typical sf comment"
blush.gif
)

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wiru
God I am sick of the groupthink around here.
On planet earth? What other group can you just walk into the middle of, start complaining about how they do things without getting to know anyone, or offering anything besides your complaints, and be taken seriously? I'm just wondering... because I hear this a lot and it confuses me.

Bislane

Reaction score
^ Sarcasm? You're again kind of proving my point. I don't come here to have people determine what my opinions are worth based on what my clothes look like on me. I come here to see what others are into and see what works for me and what doesn't. Part of that is trying to not just lurk but also share my opinions when I think they might be of value to someone. That's all any of my posts so far in this thread have tried to be and yet you still show the same mentality that people have said can bother them.

And you're right I don't post fit pics - I don't feel like there's a good reason for me to do so at this point. Isn't that what this thread is trying to address in a way?

EDIT: thread is moving fast that was for JD

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wiru
God I am sick of the groupthink around here.
It's like people don't say **** when someone like Get Smart or Superbobo post something that everyone knows is awful simply because they don't want to be harrassed by other members. Or if it's a next-level poster like Chris. and you say you don't like it then it's because you "don't get the aesthetic." Oh sorry, I thought we were playing the "What People Always Say When The Topic of 'What's Your Opinion of WAYWN' Comes Around Every Few Months" game. Who wants dibs on next?

Bislane

Reaction score
^^^

What I meant was that your pov wasn't new or original but that it had been expressed by others repeatedly. The whole idea was we had gone over this before, every single possible conceivable angle.

Understood sorry if that came off dick-ish. I understand what you're saying I just saw this as a chance for me personally to chime in for once so I took it.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It's like people don't say **** when someone like Get Smart or Superbobo post something that everyone knows is awful simply because they don't want to be harrassed by other members. Or if it's a next-level poster like Chris. and you say you don't like it then it's because you "don't get the aesthetic."
I don't think I've ever seen Jason wear something that didn't look good. Maybe I just missed it. Or maybe that **** is just next level and I don't get it.
smile.gif

Bislane

Reaction score
^ Haha wish you would have given me a heads up or something would have saved us all some time and possibly sleep.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads