• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what do you guys think? too much?

kofsucram

Reaction score
Gonna be wearing this to an event Friday night. Thinking of this outfit with jeans and brown wingtips. I'm a little concerned about the plaid pocket square and polka dot bow tie being too much. What do you guys think?

Cityheights

Reaction score
Looks good in my opinion. However, I would go with a white pocket sqaure. The plaid with the poka dot seems a bit too much,

Good luck

Rene_Lahm

Reaction score

Looks good in my opinion. However, I would go with a white pocket sqaure. The plaid with the poka dot seems a bit too much,

Good luck

Yeah, or at least a solid colour pocket square. Possibly which matches the colour of the polka dots.

Otherwise, I'd rock it.

kofsucram

Reaction score
blue and red theme, only tie i got that matches that. thought that white pocket square would be too plain but i'll give it a try. jeans are just solid raw blue ones with no fade or holes

reidrothchild

Reaction score
What kind of event? If you're wearing jeans, I'd switch out the white shirt for a blue OCBD and sub a silk knit tie for the bow tie. The white shirt and bow tie may look a bit too formal for jeans. Personally, I don't think jeans look good with ties or jackets. Jeans don't necessarily always look bad with the right kind of sportcoat; however, I rarely see a jeans/SC combo that would not be improved by a non-jean trouser.

Last edited:

CentralParkMan

Reaction score
I'm actually a fan of bow ties, although I rarely wear them. If I were you I'd choose another pocket square though, as it doesn't seem to go with the look. Sometimes contrasting patterns can works but something about it just seems a little off to me. More information on what type of event you're going to would help us give you more suggestions. ;-)

Last edited:

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not a fan of sportscoats with jeans. I am also not a fan of bowties unless it is worn with a Tux

If i was to wear that i would wear it with a white or light pink pocket square

Last edited:

FillW

Reaction score

Good luck

You should go ahead and just post a pic of you in the actual outfit. White pocket square would be better. The tie will work great. Keep the white shirt.

The Silverfox

Reaction score
I'd switch out the white shirt with a blue shirt, as some suggested, other than that I think it's fine. I think the square is a bit too much as it is, but I don't think it will be too much if the shirt is blue as it will look more harmonious when the square picks up the color of the shirt and they booth look like watered down hues of the jeans. Taking this outfit from a 3-color to a 2-color of grey and blues just tones it down enough for the square to be just fine as it is.

I'd probably also go with the knit instead of bow-tie, but I greatly prefer to "normal" ties to bow-ties in general, so I'm not going to argue that this should necessarily apply to you, though I'd prefer it myself.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that an orphan suit jacket?

For a SC with jeans, you typically want more casual fabrics (tweeds and hopsack, etc.) and things like patch pockets and the like.

A conservative suit jacket with the jeans is gonna look odd

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads