• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you guys think of this suit?

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
facepalm.gif

I don't think you got his point. At all.

Whatever his point is, it's not very well articulated. I can assume now that he means 'nobody can see that its Prada, so if it looks cheap on the outside people will just see a cheap suit'? That's not exactly clear from the way his post was worded though.

It doesn't really look that cheap either, not so much for most people to notice anyway. As long as it fits, 90% of people you meet would probably say 'nice suit'. No doubt it's fused, overpriced, and somewhat over-fashionable, but 'cheap'? I don't think I'd go that far...

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My experience says that Pradas fabrics have interesting feels and sometimes textures, but there are things that should turn serious suitbuyers away such as plastic buttons with stitched buttonholes, either no canvassing, no chest piece, or fused.

KingOfTheForum

Reaction score
I wouldn't pay $800+ for that. It's a fine looking suit though.

Reaction score
.. but if its the Prada look/label you are after, this would makes a fine suit. I would guess the 'weirdness' in the shoulder is only from the picture.

The lapels are on the slim side - nothing wrong with it. This is acceptable even in a conservative business environment (especially true in the UK). Modern suits are cut shorter - again, its simply the house style.

Originally Posted by mafoofan
Jeezus, it looks like garbage on the damned model. It's hard to look beyond some of the major flaws. Is this the look you're going after?

It doesn't look like garbage. It would look like garbage if the model was 5'3 tall and had an oversized head, but we see neither here.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NYCniceguy
Found this Prada suit on eBay and think I like it. I have tried on suits at the Prada boutique, and it is my size. The suits at the store fit me perfectly, although I am not sure whether all Prada styles fit the same. If I bought this, it would cost me $837 shipped after coupon. They run close to $1,800 plus tax at the store.

I would like people's opinions on the following:

1) How much the style and cut deviate from traditional/conservative suits
2) What are the chances of it not being authentic (the seller has very good feedback)
3) How good of a deal it is for this suit

Thanks!

19380_1.jpg

19380_2.jpg

19380_3.jpg

19380_4.jpg

19380_5.jpg

19380_6.jpg

Looks like a suit Ryan Seacrest would wear. Coming from me that's not a compliment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics