• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you guys think of this suit?

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everything has been covered in this thread already. It is a fashion suit with questionable construction and an esoteric silhouette. For $800, you can do better.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shoulders are a train wreck - everything else (price, lapels, fabric) is irrelevant IMO.

jessis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Jeezus, it looks like garbage on the damned model. It's hard to look beyond some of the major flaws. Is this the look you're going after?
Can you please identify the floors? I am a lay man at this but it looks good on the model....I think???

jessis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessis
Can you please identify the floors? I am a lay man at this but it looks good on the model....I think???
Also a lay man at spelling...! Floors = Flaws... Oh and I also think the buttons look cheap, really bad actually.

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rada
To my eyes, those lapels look too slim.... also, I'm still learning about all this stuff but just looking at the photos the fabric doesn't look that great.

Why do you say that?

The model does not look to have a very broad face or frame. The lapels are slim, but I don't think that it's to much for the models frame.

As mentioned by another poster, the shoulders are a mess, throwing off everything else.

KeatonCollar

Reaction score
What really got my attention were the length of the sleeves. Too long in my opinion which would require more $$$. I would wait in the meantime and spend a little more money for a higher quality suit at a good price. You can get really nice RL suits during MTM events/private sales.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lapels: Rather narrow. Ill-suited to the rather square shoulder.
Length: Appears short on the model.
Cut: Rather high-buttoning, which explains some of the pulling.
Trousers: Too low-rise for a suit.

Rada

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BeaconHillBoston
Why do you say that?

The model does not look to have a very broad face or frame. The lapels are slim, but I don't think that it's to much for the models frame.

As mentioned by another poster, the shoulders are a mess, throwing off everything else.

I guess the slimness of the lapels don't match the fit for me... to my eyes, lapels that thin go with a super form fitting suit. The shoulders are a mess and the fabric just looks cheap to me... but like I said, I'm still learning about a lot of this

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jacket is too short obviously.
Is it authentic at all?

KeatonCollar

Reaction score
It seems like to me that Prada sticks mainly to the blue and black colors, if so why?

NYCniceguy

Reaction score
Can someone explain in detail why the shoulders are a mess?

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
the line from neck to shoulder isn't clean at all (do you see the peaks and valleys?)

there is considerable warping at the edges.

some of this could be distortion caused by the model wearing a size that is too small or a fit that is too skinny for his build. but it doesn't explain it all.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fit on the model is bad, so it's hard to say. The jacket is very short, as per current (hideous) fashion. Definitely not a conservative business suit.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gianni
No good, do not buy. Your label is on inside where no one can see. On outside you have cheap suit on. Everyone can see this.

facepalm.gif

The label on the sleeve is meant to be removed.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
facepalm.gif

The label on the sleeve is meant to be removed.

facepalm.gif

I don't think you got his point. At all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics