• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What do you guys think about Onitsuka Tiger running shoes?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Features a lightweight and durable sneaker that's great for any casual setting.

Pundit

Reaction score
I believe that the Tiger branded shoes are fashion oriented versus the standard Asics shoes which are for sports. Back in the day (70s), Onitsuka Tiger was a pretty big name in sports shoes but with the creation of Asics the brand faded and is only recently been revived to serve as a fashion line.

Hyphener

Reaction score
I have 2 pairs of the Mexico 66. They were originally designed as running shoes, but because of the turn that running shoes have taken, aren't really considered running shoes any more.

I don't run in them because for what I do more technologically advanced shoes feel and perform better on a day-to-day basis (and last longer). I also have a pair of Rotation 77s, and once sprinted 3 miles across the city in them to a movie theater. It was a great run, but I wouldn't do it every day. In the end, none of us can say what will work for you. I keep mine for casual wear, but if you're careful, it can't hurt to try them.

Also, if you're looking for deals, try 6pm.com it's Zappos' outlet and has pretty great prices sometimes.

Trev Finds

Reaction score
they're simple and classy perfect for men and women
i got 3 pairs!

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some of these:

http://www.zappos.com/onitsuka-tiger-by-asics-oc-runner-grey-navy

I wore them one day to the gym to lift in after I stepped in dog shit with my regular gym shoes and decided I actually liked them better since the sole was fairly thin, there was very little drop but the foam cushioning was also pretty hard. Wouldn't wear them for running, though.

NaoKat

Reaction score
They are actually very popular for parkour. There ya go. Don't know how fashion got into this but, they do look pretty nice.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.