1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think about Onitsuka Tiger running shoes?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by cruxisfalcon, Mar 6, 2012.

1. cruxisfalcon

cruxisfalcon Well-Known Member

2. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

3. Pundit

Pundit Senior member

I believe that the Tiger branded shoes are fashion oriented versus the standard Asics shoes which are for sports. Back in the day (70s), Onitsuka Tiger was a pretty big name in sports shoes but with the creation of Asics the brand faded and is only recently been revived to serve as a fashion line.

4. owin

owin Active Member

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  5. Hyphener

Hyphener Member

I have 2 pairs of the Mexico 66. They were originally designed as running shoes, but because of the turn that running shoes have taken, aren't really considered running shoes any more.

I don't run in them because for what I do more technologically advanced shoes feel and perform better on a day-to-day basis (and last longer). I also have a pair of Rotation 77s, and once sprinted 3 miles across the city in them to a movie theater. It was a great run, but I wouldn't do it every day. In the end, none of us can say what will work for you. I keep mine for casual wear, but if you're careful, it can't hurt to try them.

Also, if you're looking for deals, try 6pm.com it's Zappos' outlet and has pretty great prices sometimes.

6. Trev Finds

Trev Finds New Member

they're simple and classy perfect for men and women
    i got 3 pairs!

7. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

I have some of these:

http://www.zappos.com/onitsuka-tiger-by-asics-oc-runner-grey-navy

I wore them one day to the gym to lift in after I stepped in dog shit with my regular gym shoes and decided I actually liked them better since the sole was fairly thin, there was very little drop but the foam cushioning was also pretty hard. Wouldn't wear them for running, though.

8. NaoKat

NaoKat New Member

They are actually very popular for parkour. There ya go. Don't know how fashion got into this but, they do look pretty nice.