• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you eat for lunch?

Keon

Reaction score
Does anyone else have potato chips with lunch everyday? Nasty habit I think. But I have trouble with a sandwich and NO SIDE. Anyone know an easy alternative?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Keon
Does anyone else have potato chips with lunch everyday? Nasty habit I think. But I have trouble with a sandwich and NO SIDE. Anyone know an easy alternative?

Espresso.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Skip that ****.

Originally Posted by why
Espresso.

Are you on intermittent fasting, *****?
devil.gif

When I'm on my own, I eat a lot of these:

- Turkey and ham sandwiches. Usually w/ sides of salad or beans.

- Chicken / fish stir fry. Or pasta.

- Omelet w/ random fillings and toasts.

- Whenever I'm really short on time, hot soup. Campbell Vegetable & Beef is good; I'd buy Family-sized cans from WalMart (the 6 servings ones), each is good for 2 meals.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Are you on intermittent fasting, *****?

No, I just don't let my diet take over my life like I used to. It's frustrating to see people overthink these things every day. If you're busy, why go to lunch? Get work done and eat when you're not busy.

Sometimes I get on a roll with work and don't eat all day...and I'm still here.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought a sandwich from one of the athletic center cafes today and it had 1400mg of sodium.

I am not kidding.

Had about half and was too grossed out to continue.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I bought a sandwich from one of the athletic center cafes today and it had 1400mg of sodium.

So what? Most deli meat has a ton of sodium. Drink some water...

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I bought a sandwich from one of the athletic center cafes today and it had 1400mg of sodium. I am not kidding.
Virtually all restaurant/prepared food is extremely salty. Typically it's just not labeled for you to know
wink.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
seared tuna with qunioa salad

grilled chicken with red pepper mango salsa and mesclun salad

turkey meatballs with fresh mozzarella and fast-cook tomato sauce

steak salad w/blue cheese, walnuts, craisins and cocoa vinagrette

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the criteria for a food to be seen as healthy?

Honest question.

kontai69

Reaction score
I like to eat the Smart Ones and Lean Cruisine frozen meals. They actually are not too bad. The Smart Ones Thai style chicken and rice noodles (which essentially is Pad Thai) is quite tasty for what it is. The Lean Cruisine panini sandwiches are good also. I follow up the meal with a FiberOne bar which fills me up fairly well until dinner.

My lunches are certainly not the best and healthiest choices, but at least I could (and have done) much worse. I used to routinely eat ***** Jeno's Pizza Rolls and Red Baron's personal pan pizza for every lunch before I went on my new healthier diet.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
seared tuna with qunioa salad grilled chicken with red pepper mango salsa and mesclun salad turkey meatballs with fresh mozzarella and fast-cook tomato sauce steak salad w/blue cheese, walnuts, craisins and cocoa vinagrette
frown.gif

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
No, I just don't let my diet take over my life like I used to. It's frustrating to see people overthink these things every day. If you're busy, why go to lunch? Get work done and eat when you're not busy.

Sometimes I get on a roll with work and don't eat all day...and I'm still here.

Wow, one of the few things you've said that I agree with. I feel a thousand times better now that I dropped the whole "6 perfectly measured out and balanced meals throughout the day" thing. I hated eating when I didn't need to, feeling full of crap after a lunch, forcing myself to eat breakfast when I didn't want to, etc. I've actually gained muscle mass and leaned out since I switched, and most bodybuilders would gasp if they knew my eating schedule, which is incidentally closer to IF, but not exactly.

I do still eat relatively healthy however, which brings me back to your next question

Originally Posted by why
What's the criteria for a food to be seen as healthy?

Honest question.

Nutritional value, additives, processing, etc. I want macronutrients, vitamins, less hormones and chemicals if possible, etc. I've posted the foods that I almost always have in my house and I consider my choices healthier than that of an average american. Look it up.

Tardek

Reaction score
Today I had leftover cheese and cranberry pinwheels that I made two nights ago, and pesto penne with pine nuts and sundried tomato. It was good.

Usually I'll have three sandwiches, either peanut butter, vegemite, or sometimes peanut butter and cheese. If I don't have cheese in my sandwich, I'll have it on the side. I also usually get some protein down, like some chicken or egg.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads