• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do we all do for a living?

rlc98471

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coolwaterz
I try to spend the little money I currently make wisely and buy clothes that I think look good on sale or discounted. I don't make good money at all- yet. But then again, I am currently trying to break into the industry I want to work in(market research) and working as a temp in the interim.

So what do you all do for a living that enables you to live the good life and afford these wonderful items!

Spent thirty years as Business Development Executive for international IT company. Now semi retired. But my first love has always been classic clothing.

thunderthighs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Maybe that's why, you know... the thighs?

Those are from squats, actually. I met this nice girl (psychologist) who helped me understand and try to control my anger issues and one of my therapies is bodybuilding. If it wasn't for her (now my wife of 12 years) I'd probably be dead or incarcerated.

LowLifeClub

Reaction score
I use to be a Creative Director for a fashion company. I specialize in denim. I'm currently a poker player and avid business starter upper.

One important thing to remember is:

Good clothes don't HAVE to cost a lot. Don't fall in the trap of everything has be custom made or high end branded. Just know giving a tailor 15 dollars can make your shirt look 20x more expensive.

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Part time carpenter in a cabinet shop. Full time University student graduating either in May or in December depending on if I decide it's a good time to stop. Gonna get into real estate, developing and property management. (No, I'm not crazy.*)

*Well, not when it comes to work.

GucciMonster

Reaction score
The ultimate public sector worker... my life is very fulfilling.

Hoping to begin Law School next year.

Kslim

Reaction score
Senior @ UCD studying psychology. Part time tutor working with children diagnosed with autism in Sacramento area.

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sockpuppetwalrus
Gigolo.

If this is true you must post fit pics.

cretaceous_cretin

Reaction score
Managing partner and CTO at a small embedded software development company.

marg

Reaction score
work in finance by day, law student by night. law school at night sucks big, hairy homeless man's balls.

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Consulting.

Interesting the breadth of careers represented on SF.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads