• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do girls like guys wearing?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol snowman...freudian slip, man. ggeesh!

and immediately proclaiming "you guys are ******* sexist idiots" is a little funny. Considering it was a pretty tame discussion..

But sans Unc's intro statement, I do agree with most everything he said.

but Mr. White does have valid points that I think that any man (hopefully the word "man" is PC) who has spent considerable time in a real relationship with a woman can relate to.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Fixed
redface.gif

Originally Posted by slack tide
but Mr. White does have valid points that I think that any man (hopefully the word "man" is PC) who has spent considerable time in a real relationship with a woman can relate to.

OK, that's pretty anecdotal though isn't it? Can you really make such a generalization of over three billion people? Maybe you need to reassess the types of women you are attracting/pursuing. I can honestly say none of my girlfriends fit this description at all.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
You guys are ******* sexist idiots.

OP, the real answer to this question is that there is no answer. There are girls into buff dudes, indie kids, glam androgynes, average dudes, big dudes with beards ... there is little point in trying to tailor yourself to the tastes of women because those tastes are incredibly diverse. As much as I'm made fun of on this board for looking like a girl, I've never had any issue finding girls who find me attractive. Just dress the way you want to dress and you'll eventually find someone who likes it.

i dunno man, the majority of the chicks i know dont appreciate domestically made denim. they would rather buy what ever is cool at UO and Forever 21.

im sorry but a girl like that has no credibility in fashion IMHO.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb_32
i dunno man, the majority of the chicks i know dont appreciate domestically made denim. they would rather buy what ever is cool at UO and Forever 21.

Who ******* cares where your denim is made? I'd rather be with a girl that has a fun sense of style regardless of where she shops than with a girl who appreciates "domestically made denim." And then you say it as if appreciating "domestically made denim" has anything to do with style. It doesn't. Style is about aesthetics, not American dudes putting jeans together.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear OP, barring aesthetic awfulness:
1) wear what you think is cool
2) you'll feel cool
3) chicks will respond to the confidence you get from feeling cool

However, if you have a bad barometer for what is cool, rule 0 is "go on the internet and find out what is cool"

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Sure, they might say they don't

400_jgosselin_090621_tommeinelt-jasonwinslow_spl108264_001.0.0.0x0.400x400.jpg

yep. Sad. I got more tail dressing like a douche in guy liner than i get wearing Kiton.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

bryanayrb

Reaction score
i dunno man, the majority of the chicks i know dont appreciate domestically made denim. they would rather buy what ever is cool at UO and Forever 21. im sorry but a girl like that has no credibility in fashion IMHO.
yoo 1. domestically made denim (in your case.... canadian???? wut) has nothing to do with fashion 2. rather my bz be wearing cute **** from UO and F21 than JCREW/SAMURAI/CLARKS wear what you want. why try to be something you're not?

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick answer is confidence, because to most women it really doesnt matter what you wear, as long as you have confidence in yourself some girls will like how you look regardless of what you're wearing.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer my woman to have no clothes on. Means I can have no clothes on either. I like chicks that are into "dressing minimally".

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score

what a dumb post!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

BlueWord

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
I prefer my woman to have no clothes on. Means I can have no clothes on either. I like chicks that are into "dressing minimally".

I like you.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
The idiocy in this thread aside, it would be interesting to see the female version of the How Would You Like a Girl to Dress" thread in the female version of Style Forum (not that it necessarily exists), primarily as a point of curiosity. I think that already came up in that thread.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
with how low the bar is set by society you could very well wear anything slightly stylish.

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
The idiocy in this thread aside, it would be interesting to see the female version of the How Would You Like a Girl to Dress" thread in the female version of Style Forum (not that it necessarily exists), primarily as a point of curiosity. I think that already came up in that thread.

This just got me thinking, what would be the female equivalent of styleforum?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads