• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do girls like guys wearing?

thunderthighs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
The majority of women will all appreciate a man that looks good in slacks, a properly fitting dress shirt, or a suit/tie. Women have different tastes, but this is the safest bet if you're going to generalize.

For security, sure. Then they'll turn around and bang someone else who looks good in jeans and a T-shirt behind the back of the suit guy.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
meh. most girls dont really give a **** about clothing in my opinion. whether they care to admit it, or not. they care about looks. just like guys do. just as superficial. We'd date a hot girl who dresses bad, within reason. They'd date a good looking guy that dresses bad too. Clothes are nothing and expressing to a girl your unrivaled interest in mens fashion can sometimes be a tricky thing to position as well. They certainly don't want a man that dresses better than they do

in order of importance from my perspective

1) physical appearance
2) confidence
3) funny
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10) dress

most women will be satisifed and have come to expect a somewhat status quo modern era caveman in boot cut jeans, NON-baller sneakers, and a frayed brim baseball cap. big, dumb, and fulla ***. if you choose to digress from that path (which most here on SF, have) you better have some attitude and personality. And if you can pull this off, as many can, +1. Because from my observation and experience, no girls wants a shy little wall-flower - whether they're in thousand dollar bewts and leathers or not.

Id be a little hesitant to put physical appearance number 1. Number of woman dating less than handsome guys has got to be significant. ****, I used to date a girl that thought Tom Selleck was the best looking guy ever - well Tom Selleck is definitely not hideous, but I would doubt he would make top 500 good looking actors.

i_pod_sux

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
Id be a little hesitant to put physical appearance number 1. Number of woman dating less than handsome guys has got to be significant. ****, I used to date a girl that thought Tom Selleck was the best looking guy ever - well Tom Selleck is definitely not hideous, but I would doubt he would make top 500 good looking actors.

**** you.

tom-selleck.jpg

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
being confident and being well dressed (or thinking you're well dressed) aren't independent variables

wangvicous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber

Girls much more so than guys are into a specific type

so like some girls will only date big guys or only skinny guys etc

there seems to be much less agreement among girls about what guys are good looking

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is no general answer to this question. I suppose you could do a study on a particular demographic of the female population and find out what that group likes but that might not be what the girl next door likes. Dress the way you dress and just go out and be yourself. You'd be amazed at how many women from varying groups are attracted to this.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
You guys are ******* sexist idiots. OP, the real answer to this question is that there is no answer. There are girls into buff dudes, indie kids, glam androgynes, average dudes, big dudes with beards ... there is little point in trying to tailor yourself to the tastes of women because those tastes are incredibly diverse. As much as I'm made fun of on this board for looking like a girl, I've never had any issue finding girls who find me attractive. Just dress the way you want to dress and you'll eventually find someone who likes it.
This fagget is correct. If you want to dress for women, then dress into the subculture that the women you like belong to. uncontrol looks like an emo kid who only leaves the house to purchase the latest manga, so he gets with girls look like they do the same. You won't see too many guys involved in the hip hop culture with punk rock girls anytime soon. The stylish and messy look is the most versatile and closest one to being "universally attractive".

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
This fagget is correct. If you want to dress for women, then dress into the subculture that the women you like belong to. uncontrol looks like an emo kid who only leaves the house to purchase the latest manga, so he gets with girls look like they do the same.

You won't see too many guys involved in the hip hop culture with punk rock girls anytime soon.

The stylish and messy look is the most versatile and closest one to being "universally attractive".

LOL

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads