• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

Yo-han

Reaction score
and from a couple of days ago,
roasted pork stuffed with plums, ginger and honey
4184920685_e2cf924a52_o.jpg

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finishing off some extra Arpege eggs I kept after making 3 dozen for a company party... "baconized" them by using some salt cured pork lardons instead of salt and to add some texture.

16531_650251718183_216316_37025266_5280316_n.jpg

16531_650251723173_216316_37025267_212307_n.jpg

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have been having egyptian and lebanese all week - various mezze, pidgion, mixed grill, watermelon juice, some lebanese wine, shisha

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
I ordered grilled Salmon with Coscos (dont know how to spell it) last night and cant wait till lunch today to order it again..

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
OK it has been an expensive couple of months, with Christmas and New Years to come, so....STREET FOOD WEEK. All gutter, all week.

Yesterday:

Lunch: Banh Mi Ket Bap from a place called Nhu Lan. It is basically a bastardized Vietnamese take on a kebab, using Vietnamese bread and spit roasted pork (VNese not being big eaters of lamb). 15000 dong each - about 80 cents.

Dinner: Made it a a banh mi day with banh mi thit nuong from my favorite street vendor - the little woman on Nguyen Trai Street who still charges me her 2006 price despite being a white guy. 8000 dong each, had two of them, so again, about 85 cents.

Ive mentioned her a few times here, but it looked like this:

102998949_931a61406d.jpg

I think I am coming down with a virus - and am off work sick today accordingly, feel like crap - so wandered down to a nearby foodhell for bo kho - which is a Vietnamese beef and carrot stew served with bread (or noodles, but I always have bread). 16000 dong, another 85 cents.

1.5 days down...5.5 to go....less than $2.50 spent, woohoo.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
ya, it occured to me after i finished my bo kho that i should have phone-snapped it. Ill do that this week...be pretty poor quality pics, but Ill diarise out street food week here.

EnglishGent

Reaction score
No pics, but last night I enjoyed some Manchego el trigal aged 1 year, with some locally made prosciutto http://www.laquercia.us/home/ both very good, washed down with a bottle of villa des anges cabernet sauvignon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No pics here either but went out for Fugu (blowfish) at a famous place in Osaka. In truth it is really not that exciting but they do this drink where they put a roasted and chared blowfish fin into a cup of super hot sake. A couple of those will warm you down to your cockles.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
My roommate was in Japan for a week after culinary school. He said pretty much what you said. Fugu is kind of mehh. He said it's a good experience to have but the flavor wasn't so impressive as to want to do it more often. He said eating the sashimi horse was more interesting.
Hey, BTW, if we come to Japan are you gonna show us all the hot spots?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
My roommate was in Japan for a week after culinary school. He said pretty much what you said. Fugu is kind of mehh. He said it's a good experience to have but the flavor wasn't so impressive as to want to do it more often. He said eating the sashimi horse was more interesting. Hey, BTW, if we come to Japan are you gonna show us all the hot spots?
Don't really like it, the horse...kinda gamey for me. Yea, I am not such a big-timer but I would love to show you around Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto. Some amazing food around here....from street food to 3 Michelin stars french places (which are impossible to reserve). Drop me a pm if it looks like it will be a reality and tell me your wishlist of things to try.

Yo-han

Reaction score
assorted takeaway sushi and sashimi

4195743578_9b01d5fd5b_o.jpg

with this, not ideal for sashimi but awesome wine so don't care

4194986351_4a6bd0d25b_o.jpg

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Don't really like it, the horse...kinda gamey for me.

Yea, I am not such a big-timer but I would love to show you around Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto. Some amazing food around here....from street food to 3 Michelin stars french places (which are impossible to reserve). Drop me a pm if it looks like it will be a reality and tell me your wishlist of things to try.

Sounds awesome. My two chefs just got back from a week in Japan, and pretty much said it's something we all need to experience at least once. So my roomie and I are trying to save up some money and take a week off sometime in the fall or winter. Just depends on how things go I guess. But if it ever is a reality, I'll drop you a line and we'll see if we can get together.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
OK it has been an expensive couple of months, with Christmas and New Years to come, so....STREET FOOD WEEK. All gutter, all week.

Yesterday:

Lunch: Banh Mi Ket Bap from a place called Nhu Lan. It is basically a bastardized Vietnamese take on a kebab, using Vietnamese bread and spit roasted pork (VNese not being big eaters of lamb). 15000 dong each - about 80 cents.

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I love your banh mi Appreciation.
drool.gif
Everytime you post it.

ok - so here is the ket bap one - I had it again yesterday.

18122009059.jpg

Cheated on street food week last night though, drinks for a friend's birthday, ended with the boys ordering Mexican from another friend's restaurant.

Back on the horse today, my breakfast of Bun Bo Hue (bun = type of noodle, bo = beef, Hue is a town in central Vietnam where this dish originated)...

19122009061.jpg

18000 dong, right on a dollar....

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
ok - so here is the ket bap one - I had it again yesterday.

18122009059.jpg

Cheated on street food week last night though, drinks for a friend's birthday, ended with the boys ordering Mexican from another friend's restaurant.

Back on the horse today, my breakfast of Bun Bo Hue (bun = type of noodle, bo = beef, Hue is a town in central Vietnam where this dish originated)...

19122009061.jpg

18000 dong, right on a dollar....

ket bap
laugh.gif

$1 seems a bit expensive for a bowl of bun bo hue. Was it a fancy stall?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads