• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I figure foie gras would work.

i used to think that foie gras was too ***** and tasted too much like liver, but after learning more, having gone to quite a few smearings, i have come to appreciate the balance between the foie and the gras

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Any use of the term "cupping" when not used in the context of blow jobs will likely be met with derision.

:laugh: You just won the Netwebs for the day. (No h8 on indie).. .

+1

i used to think that foie gras was too ***** and tasted too much like liver, but after learning more, having gone to quite a few smearings, i have come to appreciate the balance between the foie and the gras

uh oh. A late entry is now challenging for the prize

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i think matt went on vacation. That, or he hasn't been right since that SF party.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i think matt went on vacation. That, or he hasn't been right since that SF party.

I was told he is taking a "hiatus".

Not to get too philosophic-like here, but also perhaps to show, IDK, like just what is what, if Manton and iammatt quit--would you (to all of you) stick around?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Have not had foie since....February I think. :(

Thinking of grilling some shrimp and just eating them cold when we get in.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have not had foie since....February I think. :(
Thinking of grilling some shrimp and just eating them cold when we get in.

I am disappoint. Really! You should have jumped on the next airplane and eaten my foie gras. :p
What about antipasti? So easy, so ******* tasty!

@ed
They would be huge losses, no doubt.

Marcella Hazan's stufato di manzo

Last edited:

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:laugh: You just won the Netwebs for the day. (No h8 on indie).
Suggestions for a good snack to go with Champs? I want to have it pre-made, or mostly so, as en evening snack and bottle after a day of festivities out on the town.
I usually want something rich and ***** like foie or duck or chicken liver mousse, or caviar, creme fraiche and blinis, but I realize those aren't your typical afternoon snacks.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Hmmm, there's a little shop here that makes pate sometimes...maybe I'll stop in there tomorrow before the drinking begins.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Oh, went to a lunch wine tasting and picked up some German bubbles.

2012-06-01134138.jpg

moddey

Reaction score

I was told he is taking a "hiatus".
Not to get too philosophic-like here, but also perhaps to show, IDK, like just what is what, if Manton and iammatt quit--would you (to all of you) stick around?

Ed, nobody has responded so I'll chime in: I'm a nobody/chronic lurker here so you SF bigtimers won't care at all (although presumably there are more out there like me) - but I think I definitely would be extremely disappointed if Matt stopped posting in this and the other food threads. Nothing against other contributors here, but his stuff is consistently so well put together and visually interesting and appealing that it reaches levels most of the other frequent contributors do not even come close to.

Let's face it: the guy has a great eye for a lot of different things and incredible taste. He's also been really helpful in providing recipes, how to tips, etc. I basically stopped lurking over at MC after Matt left; I'd probably stop coming here too if he stopped posting here. It definitely would be a great loss.

Now of course, this site seems to generate and thrive on incredible levels of snark so I'm sorry if this embarrasses you, Matt :embar: - here's the obligatory no **** yada yada etc etc carry on now all you SF lifers who won't give a **** if he leaves...

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
of course we would miss matt. he's the backbone of this part of the forum. but i will certainly defend his decision to take a time-out. i think all of us would benefit by "going outside to play" every once in a while. and i'd want most of you to come back.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^most certainly pertains to me

i make the ottolenghi broccoli, chili, lemon, garlic recipe once every week and every time i make it i end up eating all of it even if i planned on storing it and eating it slowly over the week.

last week i finished two large heads of broccoli in one go. and today i finished 3 (which is i think close to 3, 4 lbs). -_-

it's prolly cuz it takes a while to make. but next time i think i'll buy six heads.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Conflating un-sour espresso with Starbucks is interesting... I just don't enjoy Handsome. I've had a number of varieties at Intelligenstia and I've really enjoyed all of them. I think most people consider it a good standard but maybe we all just like Starbucks.

Mordecai, I mean to say that a lot of california wine is made for people whose palates I do not understand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads