• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you do last night? (This is How We Roll)

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weekend in soutern Spain.

Ice cold beer, tapas, woman, sun, beach, steak, etc...

K

Opermann

Reaction score
Finalized plans for my trip to and performance in Paris...

Memorized Act III of Gounod's Faust...

Learned that my little sister's movie is showing at the Cannes Semaine de la Critique...

Coordinated trips so she could see my opera & I her premiere...

Sometimes life is too coincidental.

Mint Eastwood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Weekend in soutern Spain.

Ice cold beer, tapas, woman, sun, beach, steak, etc...

K

I'll be doing the same thing in a couple of weeks. Where were you? I'm going to Malaga to visit a friend for six days or so.

Really looking forward to cheap Spanish beer on the beach...

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mint Eastwood
I'll be doing the same thing in a couple of weeks. Where were you? I'm going to Malaga to visit a friend for six days or so.

Really looking forward to cheap Spanish beer on the beach...

Flew into Malaga and drove west for a bit. Cruised around some seaside towns and up into the hills.

As you would expect, stay out of the more popular towns, they are magnets for Brits abroad and are rip offs. Almunecar is actually really nice when you get into the old town.

K

kruze

Reaction score
rochester, mi downtown. not that eventful but had decent food at kruse & something. then flew out of detroit this morning. detroit is weak.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JordanRHughes
I got to do my girlfriend a second time last night-that was pretty cool.

does. not. compute.

Shes your girlfriend, but youve only had sex with her once before?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
sitting in Charles de Gaulle airport now heading back to Saigon after 8 days in the UK. Annual client trip which has normally been in southern France this year was in northern England.

Arrived in London last Friday, made a beeline out to the Christopher Ward office/store to get my watch repaired, got to meet Chris himself for a short while....great guy, great service and all that. Back to the house of one of my best friends (used to live in Saigon, married British girl, moved back to London with her). Went out to the park by their place, hung out with their baby, and then headed to the pub for dinner. Jet lag kicked in and was in bed by 11.

Dragged out of bed, did some shopping (TM Lewin shirts mostly) and some general wandering around Brick Lane and various other locales. Went over to Broughton Market, met The Wife's best friend (cutish *** chick) and another guy who used to live in VN and moved back to the UK. Remarkably I had never met his gf despite having zillions of friends in common. Met her. Wanted her immediately. Totally hit it off, making me an asshole, and her just as bad.

Wandered around Broughton Market for a while, went to some pub, drank, then had free tickets to go to Vinopolis - basically a London alcohol experience center. We had 12 coupons to be used on everything from champagne to absynthe. Used them. Wrecked. Back to the ***'s house for a while, me and the girl continuing to increase our interest in each other before the eyes of her bf and my mate....not a good mate admittedly, but a mate nonetheless.

Move on to a club called Fabric, was pretty packed, but we had free entry and free drinks. Some band was playing, and the keyboardist grew up with my friend, so in we went. Meanwhile situation with The Girlfriend has escalated to the point that we are making out while her boyfriend is at the bar getting us drinks. I am a bastard. He sees us getting ever closer (although not making out), and they bail.

She's been texting me all week....god has a cruel sense of humor, 5 years in the same city, we never met, now she lives with one of my mates on the other side of the world and we finally hook up. I haven't made her sound great in the post above, but she's super awesome. Totally the kinda girl I'd give it all up for. ****.

Home from Fabric about 7 on Sunday morning, take a nap, jump the train to the conference. Was good this year, highlight was dinner in a gorgeous old castle.

Conference done, jump on a train with the Indonesian girl I keep for emergency use only (she was at the same conference) and head up to Edinburgh with her and with my colleague from our Bangkok office.

Edinburgh was awesome, but that's a different post....

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pig roast last night. Gonna make a move on busty blonde that i was flirting with. She's spoken for but wish me luck.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
matt, I must agree. making out with a mate's GF does make you an asshole.. Then again, if you and him arent that close its less of a breach
wink.gif

sounds like a good weekend though!

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
sitting in Charles de Gaulle airport now heading back to Saigon after 8 days in the UK. Annual client trip which has normally been in southern France this year was in northern England.

Arrived in London last Friday, made a beeline out to the Christopher Ward office/store to get my watch repaired, got to meet Chris himself for a short while....great guy, great service and all that. Back to the house of one of my best friends (used to live in Saigon, married British girl, moved back to London with her). Went out to the park by their place, hung out with their baby, and then headed to the pub for dinner. Jet lag kicked in and was in bed by 11.

Dragged out of bed, did some shopping (TM Lewin shirts mostly) and some general wandering around Brick Lane and various other locales. Went over to Broughton Market, met The Wife's best friend (cutish *** chick) and another guy who used to live in VN and moved back to the UK. Remarkably I had never met his gf despite having zillions of friends in common. Met her. Wanted her immediately. Totally hit it off, making me an asshole, and her just as bad.

Wandered around Broughton Market for a while, went to some pub, drank, then had free tickets to go to Vinopolis - basically a London alcohol experience center. We had 12 coupons to be used on everything from champagne to absynthe. Used them. Wrecked. Back to the ***'s house for a while, me and the girl continuing to increase our interest in each other before the eyes of her bf and my mate....not a good mate admittedly, but a mate nonetheless.

Move on to a club called Fabric, was pretty packed, but we had free entry and free drinks. Some band was playing, and the keyboardist grew up with my friend, so in we went. Meanwhile situation with The Girlfriend has escalated to the point that we are making out while her boyfriend is at the bar getting us drinks. I am a bastard. He sees us getting ever closer (although not making out), and they bail.

She's been texting me all week....god has a cruel sense of humor, 5 years in the same city, we never met, now she lives with one of my mates on the other side of the world and we finally hook up. I haven't made her sound great in the post above, but she's super awesome. Totally the kinda girl I'd give it all up for. ****.

Home from Fabric about 7 on Sunday morning, take a nap, jump the train to the conference. Was good this year, highlight was dinner in a gorgeous old castle.

Conference done, jump on a train with the Indonesian girl I keep for emergency use only (she was at the same conference) and head up to Edinburgh with her and with my colleague from our Bangkok office.

Edinburgh was awesome, but that's a different post....

you're an asshole.

man i sometimes wonder whether being in relationships has prevented me from getting with someone who's sorta perfect for me - not that i believe in the "1 person in the world who's made for me" type ****.

I'm just too stubbornly loyal to ever cheat on a GF. No matter how much we hit it off or how **** the relationship is.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
oh I don't have a gf - although I have been dating a girl recently (see references to Cabin Crew above). I am in Hanoi now, and she has just left to fly to Japan for a couple of days, leaving me with an interesting dilemma. She recently bought an apartment, was supposed to move in in June, and has given up her apartment from the end of May.

Guess what....construction delays.

She has asked if she can stay with me....'for how long'...'until sometime in q3'....quick math...jesus, that could be four months.

I like her and all, but I don't wanna live with her.

She, on the other hand 'wants to know if we can live together'.

We've only been dating like five or six weeks, not talking for one of them, and I have been traveling for two of the others.

As for the girl in London - totally agree - I am an asshole. No excuses. I was seriously seriously into her - and she me apparently. Her bf and I met last year at a mutual friend's bachelor party in Cambodia (the dude who I was staying with in London) and hung out a couple of times afterwards. So we aren't close, but no two ways about it, and no excuses from me - that was pretty fucked up of me.

On your other point about being in relationships, the answer is yes, it does. See the breakup thread - which I started when I ended a two year relationship for exactly that reason. We are still friends btw - and she is now dating a guy I know and talking about marriage. They are really great together, but her and I had just reached a point where being together was just preventing each other from meeting someone better suited, and we had to extricate ourselves from that situation. Seemingly Mr. and Mrs. London are reaching a similar point, and she is viewing me as Mr Better Suited - which would have been perfect if we had met, oh, say, five years ago when we lived in the same country.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
OK, catch up now...Sunday afternoon, train to Chester, cocktail reception and dinner in hotel, but basically an early night.

Monday night - dinner in an amazing old mansion...it was like having dinner in a Jane Austen novel. Was loving the return to sausage and chips comfort food after 8 years as a noodleslave, as well as a bunch of previously unattempted beers, so managed to gain a bunch of weight accordingly.

More conference, more dinners. Pretty successfully hit on an incredibly stunning - like beauty pagaent stunning - Columbian PR woman on the last evening, only to learn that she was married with a 22 YEAR OLD SON. I had her pegged at like 33, 34 herself, she was actually almost 50. Anyhow, somewhat guilt wracked over the weekend's assholery, coupled with the prying eyes of the Turkish chick I slept with at this conference 3 yrs ago and again 2 yrs ago, as well as the Indonesian girl that I slept with the night before, and was Edinburgh-bound with the day after, I let it slide. I did however get a pretty funny drunk text from the Indo: "Are you ******* that Turkish girl? I hate u"...I reply 'no'...."Are you ******* that Colombian girl? I still hate u".

Anyhow...more meetings, then train up to Edinburgh, few drinks with colleague from Thailand and Miss Indo before heading back to the hotel.

Sightseeing for a couple of days, and then joined a backpacker pub-crawl on the Friday night. it was every bit as hideous as you would imagine a backpacker pub-crawl to be (think 35 glass Jaeger bomb trains), but still, good way to see some bars off the tourist trail, and get out and about. We got wrecked, so it was fun. Loose women aplenty.

Train back to London on Saturday, back to friend's house, and out drinking in Camden Town. Fun little area. He was having some wife-issues, mostly to do with his visa, employment status, lack of social life in his new home, and general we-just-had-a-baby stuff, that was all kinda piling up on him. Anyhow, that's what friends are for and all that, so gave him an ear or two and worked my way through a beer or three.

Back to his place around 2, wake up at 4, taxi, airport, plane, layover, plane, airport, home, work, taxi, airport, Hanoi, where I now sit.

Fun couple of weeks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads