• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you do last night? (This is How We Roll)

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
pretty slow night for me, left the office about 6.30, met a friend at a pool hall, one of the ones with the really hot chicks that rack your balls (god i love saying that).

met another friend at a bar next door, he is a record producer and we had heard that an Indonesian guy we know was performing there, and the producer guy wanted to hear him again and maybe use him for some project.

Crossed wires prevailed and 'the bar next door' had a boring ass quiz night on (altho i did learn that the tongue is the only muscle in the body that is only attached at one end)

Left, went to another place called La Casa Latina, had a drink there with the owners, but then a blackout wiped the place out. Fumbled our way out on to the terrace (waiters led us out with candles), had a few drinks outside and was home by 11.30

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a reason I never contribute to this thread. I would bore almost anyone to death. Example:
We had a company celebration activity, cooking class (actually I really enjoyed it, I love cooking). Went home about 17:20, loaded up Battlefield 2, found some people I know and played for a while. Still felt ill, went anyway to iaido. Was too loopy to teach properly so I mostly stood around rather stupefied (just as well really, flu medicine and swinging ****** of sharpish metal around is not good). Went home, sat around, took some nightquil (sp?), waited for my wife to finish putting some things away in the bedroom, fixed a draw that had somehow fallen apart with a few nails. Went to sleep, feeling loopy and tired.
confused.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
There is a reason I never contribute to this thread. I would bore almost anyone to death. Example:
We had a company celebration activity, cooking class (actually I really enjoyed it, I love cooking). Went home about 17:20, loaded up Battlefield 2, found some people I know and played for a while. Still felt ill, went anyway to iaido. Was too loopy to teach properly so I mostly stood around rather stupefied (just as well really, flu medicine and swinging ****** of sharpish metal around is not good). Went home, sat around, took some nightquil (sp?), waited for my wife to finish putting some things away in the bedroom, fixed a draw that had somehow fallen apart with a few nails. Went to sleep, feeling loopy and tired.
confused.gif

S, your life sounds life the mardi gras compared to mine
smile.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
S, your life sounds life the mardi gras compared to mine
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This wasn't last night, but it was last weekend. On a whim, I decided that I needed to get out of town, since J was out of town with family, and most other people were spending time with their s/o's and families. So Mnemonic and I went across the state (4 hour drive or so) to Spokane to visit his family. On the way there I got tagged by a plane going 83 in a 70. It would have been incredibly lame if the cop hadn't been so damn nice about it. He even warned me of another plane that was flying up ahead. He cut my ticket by writing it for 80 instead of 83mph as well, saving me $40 or so. Needless to say, I think its because I had a white person with me. If Mnemonic wasn't there I probably would have ended up in jail. Anyways, on Saturday night, Mnemonic's sister and I went out on the town. I had a gross Mike's Hard Green Apple something or other that she picked up at Seven Eleven. We then drove around and talked while she polished off the remaining five Mike's. Then we walked through riverfront park and I did a little dance that she (thankfully) doesn't remember me doing. Then we infiltrated a hotel (the Red Lion At The Park I believe) and wandered its corridors pretending like we were guests, using any amenities that were not impossible to access at midnight, and generally just having a good time. I told her how to sneak into Hotel Pools in the summer without getting caught and pointed her in the direction of ninjalicious's fantastic web documentary of Hotel Pool Infiltration Here (R.I.P. Ninjalicious!) Then we went to some scenic make-out spot that reminded me of places that serial killers stalk around, whilst murdering nubile coeds and etc. We didn't make out. But we had a great conversation, which to me is probably just as worthwhile. Some high school guys came up to me while she was walking back to the car and asked me where I found such a "high class chick". I told them to stay in school, gave them all a cigarette, and said that "classy girls" were attracted to my intelligence, attentiveness, and sense of humor. Then I drove off cackling wildly into the night. Hicks. That was the extent of my "rolling" last weekend.
smile.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
This wasn't last night, but it was last weekend.

On a whim, I decided that I needed to get out of town, since J was out of town with family, and most other people were spending time with their s/o's and families. So Mnemonic and I went across the state (4 hour drive or so) to Spokane to visit his family.

On the way there I got tagged by a plane going 83 in a 70. It would have been incredibly lame if the cop hadn't been so damn nice about it. He even warned me of another plane that was flying up ahead. He cut my ticket by writing it for 80 instead of 83mph as well, saving me $40 or so. Needless to say, I think its because I had a white person with me. If Mnemonic wasn't there I probably would have ended up in jail.

Anyways, on Saturday night, Mnemonic's sister and I went out on the town. I had a gross Mike's Hard Green Apple something or other that she picked up at Seven Eleven. We then drove around and talked while she polished off the remaining five Mike's. Then we walked through riverfront park and I did a little dance that she (thankfully) doesn't remember me doing. Then we infiltrated a hotel (the Red Lion At The Park I believe) and wandered its corridors pretending like we were guests, using any amenities that were not impossible to access at midnight, and generally just having a good time. I told her how to sneak into Hotel Pools in the summer without getting caught and pointed her in the direction of ninjalicious's fantastic web documentary of Hotel Pool Infiltration Here (R.I.P. Ninjalicious!)

Then we went to some scenic make-out spot that reminded me of places that serial killers stalk around, whilst murdering nubile coeds and etc. We didn't make out. But we had a great conversation, which to me is probably just as worthwhile.

Some high school guys came up to me while she was walking back to the car and asked me where I found such a "high class chick". I told them to stay in school, gave them all a cigarette, and said that "classy girls" were attracted to my intelligence, attentiveness, and sense of humor. Then I drove off cackling wildly into the night. Hicks.

That was the extent of my "rolling" last weekend.
smile.gif

Sounds...eventful
biggrin.gif

Btw, how on earth does this tagged by a plane malarkey work anyway? They don't use that in Arizona, afaik.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Sounds...eventful
biggrin.gif

Btw, how on earth does this tagged by a plane malarkey work anyway? They don't use that in Arizona, afaik.

No idea. I didn't see a plane, but the cop was standing in the road waiting to flag me down, so SOMEONE was radaring me.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
No idea. I didn't see a plane, but the cop was standing in the road waiting to flag me down, so SOMEONE was radaring me.

evil. they do that in the middle of nowhere on the 5 between sf and la and as long as you have someone watching for planes you can do 100. hahah. sorry you got a ticketttttttt
frown.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
a reasonablyrolled Friday.

Left the office at about 7, met friends for dinner. Good friends with a restaurant reviewer who is doing a piece on vegetarian places. Ate vegetation for a while.

Back to their house, watched Fawlty Towers (classic, the one where Manuel has a pet rat and the health inspector is visiting). Met other friends there and went to a birthday party.

Drank too much local rum (that stuff is brutal) and then went to a bar called Q. Hung out with some ppl I hadnt seen in a while, left at about 2.

edit - forgot the interesting bit: A good friend of mine has been sleeping with a married woman for about 2 years, found out last night that her husband was arrested in Bangkok on drug charges. Both friend and woman were there last night in remarkably good spirits - her especially since her hubbie is quite possibly facing execution.

Ripe_Stilton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film_Noir_Buff
Took an Estonian girl to Legal's Seafood, then we chatted over cappucino n desert until late late. It was fun, I like women from different places. She's from a small Island off the coast of Estonia and she's got a hot ass.

Monseigneur Bluff,

Is it difficult to find a women who need not bend down to speak with you?

raley

Reaction score
Took an Estonian girl to Legal's Seafood, then we chatted over cappucino n desert until late late. It was fun, I like women from different places. She's from a small Island off the coast of Estonia and she's got a hot ass.

So what does an Estonian accent sound like?

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Its like Norwegian or Finnish.

I thought of her as Scandinavian. She has a very sculpted face and that baby fine blonde hair. No lips to speak of though...

Sounds very similar to Lithuanian. I guess that's not so much of a surprise.

I probably roll less than anyone here. Last night I smoked blueberry shisha, read a book, and went to bed.

Tom

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads