• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your cheap must-do's when you go to New York?

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz
what's a good way to spend a full Sunday in Manhattan, i still have zero plan for what to do once i arrive and dump off my bags at 8-9am

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amnesiac
Is it better than ippudo? If so I must try it. Either way I will though. And again, I repeat, get a levain cookie
CCW-Broken.jpg

Repeat it again...Levain is amazing. Another good choice for Sunday is Orchard Street shopping/ people watching...along with a prayer that Donut Plant has not sold out. Also in your hostel 'hood: http://nussbaumwu.com/ Got to love a Jewish-Chinese bakery. Be sure to get a black and white cookie.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's a good way to spend a full Sunday in Manhattan, i still have zero plan for what to do once i arrive and dump off my bags at 8-9am

Go to the Frick, it's free.

amnesiac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Repeat it again...Levain is amazing.

Another good choice for Sunday is Orchard Street shopping/ people watching...along with a prayer that Donut Plant has not sold out.

Also in your hostel 'hood:

http://nussbaumwu.com/

Got to love a Jewish-Chinese bakery. Be sure to get a black and white cookie.

If you're up by Columbia and want jewish-chinese then go to Absolute Bagel.

Oh also, at 96th by the Gristedes off broadway there's a taco truck Super Tacos, that's really good.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'll be checking out that nussbaum & wu for sure before the week is over, went to absolute bagels already, awesome stuff, they load so much creamcheese on those puppies

went to levain yesterday and that cookie was amazing, gonna bring a couple back for friends and family before i leave

i keep seeing that taco truck on 96th but don't know what i should order

kungapa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Right around the corner from your hostel and MASSIVELY greasy.

http://newyork.citysearch.com/profil...ine_pizza.html

Decently good slice-joint, but not amazing.

Also, Sal & Carmine have had - so to speak - interesting interactions with the department of health in the past. Given that they have reopened, I guess it is safe to say they are safe now.

kungapa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1969
I enjoyed Grimaldi's. I was starving, they played "Some Girls" from start to finish and I just blocked out the tourists (myself excluded of course). I used to toss pie's as the token anglo for some mafia guys from Binghamton so I really felt at home.

I'm not saying Grimaldi's isn't good - it is. However, having tried the really great Neapolitans in NYC, it doesn't live up to its hype.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always liked John's of Bleeker Street for a classic NYC coal oven pizza. Plus, you can get ice cream from the amazing Cones (right next door) afterward.

http://newyork.citysearch.com/profil...cones_inc.html

And anyone who does not love Cones is a complete philistine and should have a twist cone at McDonald's instead.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Go to Bouchon bakery.

this post has been sticking in my head for the past few days so I went to Bouchon Bakery to pick up a light dinner for tonight. Damn it's good. Pate sandwich, soup, meat tart, and some sweets. I never go to TWC because of the mall atmosphere, but BB makes it all better.

They're putting a Bouchon Bakery near my office, yusssss.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Endless Summer Tacos in Williamsburg was surprising, found it by accident, full sized tacos for $2.50 are a great deal. The only "authentic" tacos we have in Vancouver are like half the size, 3 inch diameter, and the same price

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a hostel bed just west of Central Park on 101st along the #1 subway, not that I'm restricted by the Manhattan area.
I stayed at that hostel when I first moved to NYC. It was a cheap place to stay while I was apartment hunting. Cheap places in the neighborhood I like are the Hungarian Pastry shop (Amsterdam between 110th and 111th) and Saji's (256 W 109th St, New York 10025, btwn Broadway & Amsterdam Ave). I should add that Saji's is best for their Katsu, mackerel and donburi. They serve sushi, but I've never dared to try it.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Hungarian Pastry Shop. And don't forget to stop into the Cathedral of St. John the Divine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads