• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been noticing Rye's been a lot more critical lately. A few more weeks, and he'll be near jmatsu levels. Something got your knickers in a twist, Rye?
tounge.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Rye is getting my vote if there's ever a wall decoration Appreciation animal head-off.
I just want to know if he changes the wall decor to match the t-shirt.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
I've been noticing Rye's been a lot more critical lately. A few more weeks, and he'll be near jmatsu levels. Something got your knickers in a twist, Rye?
tounge.gif

smile.gif
I'm so so busy at work when I do check the forum I've tended to throw down a couple of gut reactions because of time constaints. I also noticed a few guys have wandered off (Bona Drag, Cheap also, who I thought brought some excellent outfits and opinions) and found out it was due to the feeling that it was getting a little stale around here. Not that the cure is to attack every new member or wayward outfit but I do think being more "Truthy"™ has inspired some nice verbal bouts recently.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
smile.gif
I'm so so busy at work when I do check the forum I've tended to throw down a couple of gut reactions because of time constaints. I also noticed a few guys have wandered off (Cheap for one, who I thought brought some excellent outfits and opinions) and found out it was due to the feeling that it was getting a little stale around here. Not that the cure is to attack every new member or wayward outfit but I do think being more "Truthy"™ has inspired some nice verbal bouts recently.

So cheap felt that superfuture is "less stale?" LOL

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
So cheap felt that superfuture is "less stale?" LOL
If your talking about the clothes then sure the Hypebeast infestation is boring (Supreme, Neighborhood, The Hundreds, Bape etc zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz). I like the gloves off approach over there though, you can blow off steam and get a little
devil.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Michael Bastian white with grey/blue stripe linen shirt
Martin Margiela chinos
Saks/Torino ostrich belt
Gucci brown suede bamboo tassle loafermocs

jsbb001.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Whether or not you like his style, his clothes undoubtedly fit... the rest is just personal preference of aesthetics.

That is the thing!!! A person's FIT is also their PERSONAL PREFERENCE OF AESTHETICS.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
holy crap, what a fire storm....i think this is the most activity this thread has seen in a while.

nothing spookier than scanning recent threads and seeing an old picture of yourself. wow!

i admire rye's honesty, otherwise what's the point of this forum. i myself am always eager for constructive criticsm. i dont regard myself as "fashionable" at all, i wear the same jeans everyday and recently have only been alternating t-shirts with different shoes....boring really. I have the utmost respect for rye, smart, berlin, and sauce (among others) and hope to reach there level someday.

there's really no magical formula to my style, just jeans, shirt, and shoes. I suppose my fits are more "fitted" than the average american but that's about it. if you're serious about good denim, make some measurements of yourself, look at pictures you like online and compare their body type to yours. this will give you a good idea which jeans are right for you. more than likely you'll order the wrong size initially but at least you'll have a pair to compare against your next pair.

as for shoes check yoox, ebay, and sufu/steez markets daily for good deals....add some american apparel and POW.....there's braidkid.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
070907.jpg

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
That's what StyleForum is for! We give each other the sartorial approval that our wives and girlfriends won't.

How sad is that? Wow.

you speak the truth sauce, lately my gf has grown increasingly hostel to sufu and SF claiming she "just can't understand it." I have to limit my time online while she's around otherwise she thinks i'm weird.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by braidkid
you speak the truth sauce, lately my gf has grown increasingly hostel to sufu and SF claiming she "just can't understand it." I have to limit my time online while she's around otherwise she thinks i'm weird.

Same here, my wife is confused why guys post and not girls. You think the ***** level is high here today. A style Forum for girl's would eclipse the nonsense here and take it too a different level.

"Cat Fights On The Internets"

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Same here, my wife is confused why guys post and not girls. You think the ***** level is high here today. A style Forum for girl's would eclipse the nonsense here and take it too a different level.

"Cat Fights On The Internets"

Men's Clothing is much more bitchy than Streetwear.

Musselma

Reaction score
Same here, my wife is confused why guys post and not girls. You think the ***** level is high here today. A style Forum for girl's would eclipse the nonsense here and take it too a different level. "Cat Fights On The Internets"
"What do you mean this shirt makes me look FAT!?!?" --On another note, my girlfriend has also proclaimed that i'm weird for my forum habits
frown.gif

aFancyHome

Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets "What? Why are you looking at pictures of jeans on the internet?" thing from people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads